~ Chapter 3 ~

Monday, September 2nd 1996
7:30am

Beep.. Beep.. Beep..
"Ugh" I slapped my alarm with force. I didn't want to get up. Stu's probably not even awake yet anyway, I decided to spend another 5 minutes in bed while recollecting yesterday's encounter with Randy at the video store.

I have school today, I'm starting at Woodsboro High School as a senior student. I'm hoping the people here are nicer than those at my old school; I just want to make some new friends. Stu said that his friend group are great! That 'we'll all get along perfectly fine'. I hope so.

The morning sun once again fought its way through my curtains and painted my room in a comforting blanket of warmth and light. A sigh escaped my lips, I felt relaxed. Today will be a good day, I say to myself as I stretched out with a yawn.

I swung my legs over the edge of the bed and pushed myself up. Even though I didn't particularly want to get up (and my bed looks rather tempting), I knew that I'd get to see Randy again today - that was keeping me motivated. I just want to get to know him more, and then we'll see what happens.

I needed an outfit that's cute, casual, and comfy. I settled for a pair of baggy mom jeans, a small white tank top, and a brown checkered button-up shirt. I also wore my brown converse high tops to match. After I added a few pieces of jewellery and sorted my hair and makeup out, I looked in the mirror to admire my work. It was perfect.

I heard a few knocks on my door: it was Stu. I didn't expect him to be up yet, but I suppose we do need to leave soon. "Come in" and with that, Stu opened the door, "cute fit y/n" he complimented my outfit of choice, "thanks, I like yours too, pretty basic though I'd say.. although the sweater is nice" I laughed to myself. Stu wore a grey sweater and some black jeans, along with a pair of black boots. I might have to steal that sweater sometime, I thought to myself. "Don't even think about it." Stu stated, "I'm convinced you're a mind reader.." I said, slightly shocked. "Maybe I am" he dramatically snapped back. ((Imagine his 'I'll be right back' voice)).

~ Short Time Skip ~
Woodsboro High School

Stu and I were now walking onto the school grounds. I could see a small group, currently consisting of 4 people (one of which was Randy, and the others I didn't recognise), sitting on the wall of a water fountain. "That's them" Stu informed me. I just nodded my head in reply. "Hey, you okay?" He said, whilst wrapping his around around my shoulders for comfort. "Yeh I'm okay I guess, just not used to this you know" I said, keeping my eyes fixed to the ground with my head tilted down slightly. "Y/n, look at me" Stu had stopped walking and waited for me to turn to him. I lifted my head up and met his eyes. "Everything will be fine, and I'm sure my friends will make you feel very welcome. Remember if you need to talk about anything, I'm always here" Stu sounded so genuine, he cares about me and I know it. He smiled at me and then pulled me in for a warm hug, he always knows when something is wrong and how to comfort me. I'm so thankful to know Stu.. I don't know what i'd do without him.

We carry on walking, getting closer to the group. They'd already spotted us and watched us walk over. "Hey everyone, this is y/n.. umm so introduce yourselves I suppose" Stu commented when we reached the fountain. A girl wearing a light yellow top paired with a red and white plaid skirt immediately arose from her seated position and came over, "aahhh hi y/n!! I've heard a bit about you and I'm so happy to finally meet you, I'm Tatum by the way" she smiled and hugged me while saying that. She seems nice but a bit of a handful I suppose, I'm sure we'll get along though. The other girl there was wearing a light blue top and some jeans. She looked and me, smiled and waved my way "hi y/n, I'm Sidney! It's nice to meet you, i would get up to hug you but a certain someone wouldn't be too happy about me moving" she gestured to the boy who she was sat with, I assume they are dating judging by how they are seated. They looked rather comfortable, I couldn't help but imagine that me and Randy would be that close one day, oh god maybe I do like him a little more than a friend. The boy sat with Sidney had a straight face, he looked almost unhappy and annoyed. "Hi, I'm Billy" that's all he said, then he put his head back down onto the smooth surface of the fountain walls. Sidney looked at me, "please excuse him, he's a man of few words" she laughed so I joined in, sending her a small giggle.

Stu took a seat next to Tatum, they seemed close. As far as I'm concerned, Stu isn't dating anyone.. maybe they will be official soon. Or perhaps they are dating, and awaiting the right time to tell us.

My eyes moved down the line of people and landed on Randy, he was already looking at me and then patted the fountain wall next to him, offering me to come sit with him. So I did. "So, how are you?" He asked me, sounding genuinely happy to listen to me talk. "I'm a bit nervous with the current situation, you know starting school and making new friends, but other than that I'm great! How are you, Randy?" I replied, firing the question right back at him. "I mean I've been sat here for the past ten minutes practically in silence, I'm doing much better now you're here, so I've got someone to talk to" Hearing those words made me feel appreciated and I could tell he was grateful for my presence.

Me and Randy had a small conversation, we spoke about horror of course and a few other things. "May I ask you a question? [about horror movies] and it will determine if you're a TRUE horror fanatic or not.." Randy playfully said, with a smile painted across his lips. "Sure, go ahead.." I replied, urging him to continue. "Who is the killer in Friday the 13th?" He smirked while he spoke, which to me seemed as if he was expecting me to give the wrong answer. "Mrs Vorhees.. everyone knows that Jason is only introduced as a killer in the sequel" Randy's eyes lit up.. In fact, his whole face lit up after hearing my answer. "Ding ding ding, correct.. hey you really are a TRUE horror geek after all" We both laughed and carried on the conversation.

The rest of the group had begun to get themselves up and organised to go to their first classes. "What lesson do you have first y/n?" Randy asked. "Umm English, I think"  I replied, not sounding too enthusiastic. "Wait me too, no way!" We smiled brightly towards each other and I was about to suggest we walk to class together but then, "hey y/n, do you know where your first lesson is?" Stu asked. "Um yeah, Randy has the same so I'll walk with him" Stu nodded and caught up to Tatum who had already started to wonder off.

I could almost see Randy receive a rush of excitement when I said I'll walk with him, I think me and him are going to get on really well. We do have a lot in common and he's such a good guy to talk to, he always listens to me when I talk and I do the same for him.

We then made our way to class, laughing and chatting away to each other. The day went pretty smoothly, a few people (outsiders to Stu's group) greeted and welcomed me to the school, which I thought was nice. Maybe this won't be too bad after all.

———————————————
Word count: 1.39K