~ Chapter 1 ~

Sunday, September 1st 1996.
8:35am.

My eyes flutter open as the morning sun seeps through my curtains and coats my face in a warm blanket of light. I roll over, grasping my soft, white sheets while waking up. Stretching and sighing, the calmness of my room brings me pure joy. Knowing that the house was peaceful everywhere else pleased me greatly. Today will be a great day, I can feel it.

I lay there staring at the wall, which the sun covered in it's angelic light, getting caught up in my own thoughts. Stu was still asleep in his own room, I haven't heard him get up yet nor can I hear anyone around the house. His parents were out on a trip with work. They planned on being away for a couple of months, which didn't bother me too much as I quite enjoyed being at home with just Stu.

After pondering for a moment, running through my plans for the day ahead of me, I finally got up. Pushing myself up off the marshmallow-like mattress, my legs swung over the edge of the bed. I wore a pair of shorts and one of Stu's shirts, which I 'borrowed' from him (stole more like, I'm sure he didn't mind anyway) as my pjs. Stretching and sighing for a final time before I left my room, I really soaked up this lethargic energy that my room held during this specific moment.

Upon exiting my room, I could subtly hear the distant snores coming from Stu. If I wanted to go ahead with todays plans of him and I going into town, then he needed to be awake ASAP.

I took that as an opportunity to go wake him up, but of course I'm not just going to walk in and gently tap his shoulder... I'm way too annoying for that (Stu would agree... he loves me really).

"WAKE UP SLEEPING BEAUTY!" Before I knew it, I was in Stu's room and jumping up and down on his bed. He woke up with a jump, I'm not surprised... I definitely scared the poor guy. But I've got no sympathy for him, he's done this a million times to me before.

After a solid 30 seconds of doing whatever that was.. I found my resting position. On Stu. That's it. I just flopped onto him and looked at him while he rubbed his eyes, still unsure of what the hell was happening. "What the hell was that y/n" He spoke up, his voice a little groggy and tired, still sounded cute though. "Um well, your guess is as good as mine.. all I can say is you need to get up." He looked at me directly into my E/C eyes with his sleepy blue ones and let out a whine "but whyyy.. it's Sunday" I rolled my eyes, he's so dramatic. "We're going out today, me and you, into town. I wanna pop in at the video store too, I heard about a job opportunity there" I explained, still laying on him. "Ahh yes. Bradley's.. You know, I've got a friend who works there too." He had a smirk on his face "what's that smirk for?" I asked out of curiosity. "Oh no reason, I just think you'll get along with him that's all.. seen as you are a horror fanatic like him. Geek rather." My eyes ever so slightly widened, maybe me and this other 'horror geek' would get along, I hope we do.

I have my first day of school tomorrow so I'm hoping to make some new friends. "He's called Randy by the way, Randy Meeks" Stu added. "I think you've mentioned him before.. anyway you better stop fantasising about your boyfriend, Randy, and actually get your ass out of bed" I said with a smirk painted across my lip while I released a giggle. "He's not my boyfriend y/n.. and I would get up if someone wasn't sat on me" Still laughing away, I clambered off of Stu and left his room, highly amused by my own words.

I made my way back over to my room and felt the happiness rush through me like a river rushing to the sea. Something about today felt.. different. A good type of different.

Randy. Randy Meeks. I kept thinking about him. Ever since Stu said, and I quote "I just think you'll get along with him that's all.. seen as you are a horror fanatic like him. Geek rather." Is it true? Is he really horror obsessed like me? Well, a girl can dream. And I suppose we'll find out today, if he's in the video store when I visit with Stu.

"Y/n .. are you okay?" I was snapped back to reality when I heard Stu. "What yeh.. yeh I'm fine" I stutter in reply. "Right.. it's just that you've been stood there staring at the wall for a good 5 minutes, what are you thinking about?" He sounded concerned and curious. "Nothing" I thought a short and simple reply would make him drop the situation, but no. "Randy" Stu stated. "Randy?" It's as if Stu can read my mind, sometimes I genuinely think he can. "That's what you're thinking about" Yep, Stu can definitely read my mind.

Honestly I saw no point in lying to him, so I accepted defeat and told him that I was in fact thinking about Randy. To which my confession was met by a great "ooOoOoOoOoOoo" from Stu. Whatever, I'm sure he's got a crush on this Randy guy himself. I giggled as Stu left my room and then focussed on picking an outfit.

After a few moments of thought, I had chosen an outfit. I wore a small, red tank top with some baggy denim dungarees, along with a pair of red converse high tops. I look so cute right now, I thought to myself. Afterwards I did my makeup, pretty basic base with some eyeliner and lip gloss. Then I styled my H/T (hair type) hair, and by that I mean I just leave it to do it's own thing rather than 'styling' it.. because it looks great. Me and Stu left the house a bit after and made our way into town.

———————————————
Word count: 1.05k