~ Chapter 22 ~

Thursday, October 31st 1996

Today is many things. Of course it's Halloween, but it also marks the anniversary of Maureen Prescott's brutal murder. Sidney must be feeling a little down today.. after all, that's her mother.

Last night was.. eventful. I spent a few minutes recalling what happened before I got up for school. After we left the police station, Gale Weathers managed to find us round the back. And let me tell you, Sidney was a bad bitch.. punched Gale right in the face. Honestly, I don't personally know her, but she's just the same as all these other nosy reporters, who stick their noses into our business; the punch was well deserved.

After Dewey had dropped me and Sid off at my house last night, he said he'd be back in the morning before school so he could update us on whatever he could. He also said he'd stop by at Sidney's house to grab her some clothes for the day. And seen as he's a super sweet and helpful man, he's going to give us a ride to school. Which will be needed, otherwise we would've had to walk.. Stu (and his car) are still at Tatum's house of course.

I took a few moments to prepare myself for the day, looking out my window whilst taking a few deep breaths. I threw on a pair of mom jeans, and a knitted sweater that I believe was my dads. I felt comforted wearing it.. he used to wear it a lot himself; it's still in great condition, which is a plus!

After doing the usual morning routine, I checked on Sidney. "Hey sid.. you okay?" I asked while standing a the door of the room she was in. "Yeh, I'm.. surviving" She opened the door and smiled at me. I returned the smile and spoke again, "I'll go make us some breakfast, come down whenever you're ready to do so.. Dewey should be here soon" I explained whilst still smiling at her in a comforting fashion. She nodded her head as I walked away.

Knock.. knock.. knock..
"That's probably Dewey.." I said whilst placing down some toast for Sid, who was now sat at the dining table. The small TV, in that same room, was on.. of course it was Gale Weathers talking about the recent attacks that have terrorised Woodsboro for the past couple of months now.

I exited the room and then answered the door, and yep, it was Dewey. We greeted each other with a hug; he has the most warm and comforting hugs ever! "Sid's just through there.." I gestured over to the dining room, whilst shutting the door after he had entered.

Gale was still on the TV upon entering the room, ".. this isn't the first time that Woodsboro has witnessed such tragic events. Today marks the one year anniversary of Maureen Prescott's horrific murder, she was the mother of Sidney Prescott.. who, herself, was targeted and attacked in her own home yesterday eveni-" I grabbed the remote and turned the TV off. Sidney didn't need to be burdened with this; not right now.

"So, any updates?" Sidney asked whilst turning towards Dewey; I took a seat at the table with her, Dewey then did the same. "Well, Billy's been released.. his cellphone bill is clean, he didn't make those calls.." Dewey explained, Sidney's eyes grew wide at his words. ".. any calls made to you, y/n, Casey Becker, and a couple other victims are all still in the process of being cross referenced.. but that will take some time to complete.." Sidney and I both nodded at Dewey, understanding what he'd told us. I cant believe Billy has been released.. I mean, he's now the only suspect in this. And I'm not ruling him off of my own suspect list.. the guy is definitely psycho killer material.

~ Short Time Skip ~
Woodsboro High School

I'd like to say I'm over exaggerating when I say this, but I'm not.. so, as soon as Sidney stepped foot out of Dewey's car.. the reporters were already shoving mics and cameras in her face; one lady in specific managed to get a little too close for comfort.. yelling stuff like "the people have a right to know!!" Like no, mind your own business why don't you?! I mean, yes.. we were expecting this. But seen as Sid is the daughter of Maureen Prescott.. the people want to question her more then anyone else who's been attacked just recently.