~ Chapter 40 ~

Dewey, Randy and I made our way over to Gale and her new cameraman, Joel. The pair were sat together on a bench as we approached.

After a brief conversation with them, in which we explained our newly discovered theory of the killer being a copycat, Joel began to express his fear towards this current situation. I managed to strike up a friendly conversation with him in hopes to calm him down, I succeeded.

"I'm gonna go find Stu, I haven't seen him since this morning" I announced, standing from my seated position on Randy's extremely comfortable lap. "You're not going anywhere" Randy grabs my wrists, gently as he didn't want to accidentally hurt me. "Look, I'll be fine... I appreciate the concern though" I smile down at him before leaning in to kiss his lips.

"Y/n, Randy's right, what if something happens?" Dewey sided with Randy, also expressing his concern through the tone in his voice. "I can look after myself ya know, I've done this before..." I argued

There was a pause.

Gale looked deep in thought.

"Joel, do me a favour and go with y/n" she said, turning to her cameraman. "Nuh uh uh, I ain't wanting to be killed today" Joel is against the idea at first, "It's fine honestly-" I add but get cut off my Gale, "Joel, go with her, now!"

I felt a bit bad for Joel having to work with Gale, but I'm sure it's all good. "You say you got experience with this ghostface guy?" Joel questions. "Yup, there's nothing to worry about, I'll protect you" I answered. Joel soon decided to get up and come with me.

"Right, see you in a bit, I shouldn't be too long" I said whilst turning to walk away from the group. "Bye!" "Stay safe!" "Love you, y/n!"

"I will, love you too Randy!" I flashed a smile at him, before continuing to walk away with Joel by my side.

"So... where exactly is this Stu guy?" Joel queried. "Well, I don't really know, but we'll check the fashion department first, I saw him there earlier" I replied, pointing in the direction of the necessary building.

The two of us entered the fashion department of the college and quickly noticed the eerie silence throughout the corridors. "I don't think there are any classes on right now, it's still lunch" I stated. "Yeh so what makes you think your friend will be here then?" Joel sent me a confused look. "Well, If there's one thing that I know about Stu, it's that he works his ass off, he tends to stay after class to work on projects and stuff" I explained, earning a nod from Joel in reply.

We're now on the second floor of the building, and I begin to conjure a sinister gut feeling; something isn't right.

"You okay?" Joel's voice is concerned and his words are dripping in fear. I then realised that I'd stopped walking without noticing. "Uhh, yeh I guess.." I paused then turned slightly to look at Joel, "Do you have a feeling that something is wrong, or is it just me?"

"Y/n, I am this close to getting my ass out of this building, please don't say shit like that, it's scary"Joel seemed to be really on-edge, and to be fair, I don't blame him.

I swear I could hear faint sounds of movement originating from the boy's toilets that are on my right. "You heard that too, right?" Joel spoke up. "Yeah..." I turned myself to the door. "You're not going in there, are you?" Joel was surprised as I kept moving closer to the toilets. "Usually I wouldn't be so stupid, but I feel like a need to go in... just wait here" I said whilst turning back to look at Joel; after that, I entered the unusually dark toilets.