~ Chapter 8 ~

Monday, September 30th 1996
Woodsboro High School,
~ Principal Himbry's Office

Principal Himbry sat down at his desk and asked me to take a seat at the other side, facing him. Randy was waiting for me outside the office. I'm still shaken up from the encounter with that masked figure in the bathroom.

"Sir, I appreciate the fact that you want to talk to me about how I punched those people today.. but I've just had a much more serious encounter with someone who I believe to be the killer, they're here" Himbry's eyes widened slightly at my words.. but then he let out a chuckle. "No need to worry about that, it's all sorted now. It was just someone dressed up, having a laugh."

I refused to believe it, "But sir! The knife looked real, everything looked so real!". "yes but I can assure you that it was just a piece of plastic, it won't happen again y/n." Principal Himbry tried to reassure me.

He then went on to talk about how it's not acceptable to punch people, blah blah blah.. although I still think both punches were well deserved.

Once I'd explained my reasonings for doing such a thing, he said he'd talk to Johnny and the other girl (who I believe is called Tessa). He said he would allow me to go, and move on from today without sanctioning me in any way.

"Alright, bye sir, have a nice day!" I said while walking about of the office door. Randy instantly looked up at me, "hey you okay?" He asked while standing up from the chair he was slouched in. "Yeh.. I'm somewhat fine"' I replied with a sigh.

I didn't really look at Randy too much, I just walked over and wrapped my arms around him tightly. He then did the same to me, and we hugged for a few minutes. I pulled away, looked up at him and said, "right.. we should probably get moving" and with that, we began to walk down the empty corridor.

We soon made it to the main crowded corridor. People gave me looks and stares if judgment, I don't feel comfortable at all. Randy knew how I was feeling, and told me everything was going to be okay in attempt to keep me calm. If I'm being honest, just hearing the sound his voice is enough to comfort me.

We carried on walking side by side. I'd had enough of being here. And that's when I saw them. Tessa and her little "gang" (who were all the same), were death staring me. I tried to ignore them, but it was intense. I could feel there stares cutting straight through me.

That's when I did it. I grabbed Randy's hand. Oh shit, there's no way I actually just did that. I panicked slightly in reaction to my own actions, but I never let go of his hand. And to my own delight, he held mine back. He held it tight whilst caressing my hand with his own thumb.

I turned to him, head tilted up slightly so I could meet his eyes. I smiled brightly his way, he was already looking down at me and smiling back. Both of us were burning up red in the face, this is just the beginning.

There was about 5 minutes until our next classes began. Randy suggested we go outside to get some fresh air for a few minutes, to escape the heat and tension that lingered in the school building.

We were now sat on a wall just outside the doors. Our hands stayed firmly interlocked with the other. I allowed my head to rest against his shoulder. "Hey y/n, I just want you know that I'm always here if you ever want to talk... and you can tell me about what happened earlier whenever you're ready to do so" Randy was nervous, I could tell by the way his voice shook ever so slightly when he spoke.

I lifted my head. We both looked at each other, face to face. His baby blue eyes stared straight into my E/C eyes. We were so close to each other in this moment. I was suppressing the urge to kiss him right then and there. I wanted to wait a little longer before doing so, the fact we were currently holding hands was enough to keep me satisfied for now. Our foreheads touched and I shut my eyes. I've longed for a moment like this for a while now, and I've always imagined it with Randy.