~ Chapter 34 ~

Grabbing Randy's hand, I rushed towards the mansion at which the party was being held at. On our way, we saw many great and spooky costumes; everyone looks fabulous!

As we squeezed our way through the masses of ecstatic teens, Randy and I received many looks of appreciation for our outfits. A few verbal compliments were thrown our way too; I thanked those who did so, smiling at them out of pure happiness.

The cool, fresh air of the night enveloped our bodies once more as we had swiftly managed to get outside into the back garden.

The music played at full volume; people were dancing, singing, cheering and shouting. This is one hell of a party!

I'm not going to lie, I've missed this whole thing. I feel like I'm finally free; I'm finally living again.

After a few moments of observing the area, I spotted the rest of our group over by a tall tree, nearing the edge of the garden.

"There they are!" Randy enthusiastically shouted. "Yes, thank you Randy.. but I did already see them" I replied, once again grabbing him in preparation to walk over to the group. "Did not" he snapped back. "Did too!" I copied his tone. "Liar.." he mumbled. "Sometimes I wonder how I put up with you.." I sighed, chuckling slightly at how childish Randy can be sometimes... well, the majority of the time - but, I love him for it. "You know you love me.." Randy hummed (as if reading my mind), a smirk emerged on his lips. I playfully hit his arm, not even bothering to argue with him. Randy kissed my lips before we joined the others, "nice lipstick, sweetheart" I commented, noticing that my pink lips had printed onto his own. "Why thank you!" He replied, whilst slapping his lips together then pouting. This earned a giggle from myself as we continued walking to the designated meeting spot.

"There they are!!" Hallie squealed, pointing over at Randy and myself, "you two look amazing!" She added.

Hallie wore a dominantly red outfit, her accessories consisted of devil horns, tail, and a fork. There was no mistake that she was in fact dressed as The Devil. Her makeup looks absolutely stunning! She had done a red and black smokey eye, with bright red lipstick - this suits her perfectly.

"Girl you look so fucking hot, I can't lie" I complimented her looks, it's true, she did look rather irresistible. "Ahhh thank you!!" She squealed again, blushing slightly.

My attention was then caught by Sidney and Derek, I studied both their outfits. Derek was dressed recognisably as a werewolf; he'd stuck on some fake body hair, his clothes were ripped and he'd splattered fake blood on himself. Inevitably, Sid was dressed as the werewolf victim. Honestly I think this is perfect for her seen as dressing up isn't really her thing, especially not for Halloween. Derek has really thought that through I can tell, and I'm rather proud of him.

"God you two look brilliant!" Randy spoke up, I agreed with his compliment. Derek and Sid replied in unison, "ohh it's nothing really, but thanks!" Which earned a laugh from the group.

Squeak Squeak..
My eyes flicked over to where this peculiar sound was originating from; of course it was Stu. There he stood, in a full clown costume, squeezing something that looked like a horn... yet failed to sound like one. I observed him with a confused look painted across my face. "Yeh.. it's supposed to be a horn" that's all he said before shoving it back in his pocket whilst mumbling some sort of phrase that expressed the inconvenience. Other than that, his costume was actually pretty good. For some reason, dressing as a whole ass clown just suits Stu, I'm glad he picked that option.

"I'm loving the clown costume Stu!" I spoke with enthusiasm laced through my words. "Killer Clown.. to be precise" he added, before thanking me for the compliment. Stu then tried his best to act more 'killer' clown-like... but he ends up just looking goofy.

I noticed that someone was missing: Mickey. Where is he? I haven't seen nor heard him this whole time.

My eyes scanned around our group one more, this time I noticed a figure, slowly approaching from behind where Hallie was stood. They were wearing large, black (heavy-looking) boots, blue overalls (the type of things that mechanics would wear), with a highly recognisable and signature white mask. They also clutched a plastic kitchen knife in their left hand, looking ready to 'attack' at any given moment. Whoever this may be, they are really into playing the role of Michael Myers.

Just then, without warning, the dark and shadowy figure grabbed Hallie as they were now close enough to do so. She screamed at the unexpected shock of what had just happened, but the tension was relieved when this mysterious person pulled off their mask.

Mickey was revealed to be the masked man, I'm not surprised he dressed as Michael... it just suits his vibe, I suppose.

Mickey himself seemed to be in high spirits, his energy was through the roof. Something about sneaking up on Hallie must have caused him to conjure all this excitement.

I'd been so mesmerised by Mickey's odd behaviour that I hadn't noticed Randy slip away from our group. Not to worry though, he came back a few moments later, "cocktails?" he's spoke whilst handing out a few drinks to the others and myself.

This is just the beginning, trust me, the party lasted all night long. We partied and drunk like it was our last night on earth. I swear that the sun was already rising by the time I'd crashed back into my dorm room.

Hallie, Sidney and myself, all managed to successfully remove our makeup and change for bed easily and quickly.

As soon as my body met with my mattress, I was out. Completely fast asleep, and a deep sleep at that.

I was definitely in need of tonight, I finally feel free again... forget the past, I'm living in the present. And the present says, 'fuck it, have fun!'
—————————————————————
Word count; 1029