Prologue

WEE WOO! WEE WOO!!

An Ambulance's sirens can be heard throughout the whole town. A college student was there lying on the ground full of pain and beside her, was a book. She was hit by a car driven by an old man.

The ground she was lying on was full of blood. Her eyes were wide open. She was facing the night sky unable to move.

"Little girl, don't give up yet." The owner of the car told her. "The rescue is coming now, just hold on a little bit."

The old man was forcing himself to smile although tears were forming in his eyes. The old man doesn't seem to know what to do next. He was trembling with terror as he saw the lady lying on the ground full of blood.

Although he was shaking, he tried to move his hand to touch the lady's bloody head. He did it even if blood got through his hand. He then patted the lady and caressed her cheek.

Every touch from his finger, the old man could feel the cold temperature of the lady's face; It's like a body that needs to be buried soon.

'Hurts.... It hurts so much'

The lady wanted to open her mouth, but he couldn't. All she can do is to roll her eyes and feel the endless torture of pain.

'Am.... I going to die?'

As time passes and ticks, she can feel her temperature dropping near zero. It was like death was coming near her together with his scythe.

'How could this happen?'

I just wanted to have a good long life. I can't believe I'll find myself in a car accident scene lying in the ground covered with blood at the age of seventeen.

I was just a college student who loves reading romance novels.

That day after my friend gave me a romance book, I couldn't believe misfortunes would come to me after I read the novel that my friend gave me.

◇◆◇

I was in the midst of the crowd in the school. Someone took my hand and pulled me. It was my bosom friend Peter. He gave me a book. It was the size of a notebook and a bit thick too. He said that I'll read it after I come back home.

It was night when I read it. I felt hungry so I grabbed my jacket and wallet to go out. I had goosebumps after I left my apartment. I was holding the book and I started to flip the pages.

When I was about to cross the pedestrian, I felt something strange again nonetheless, I still continued to read the book. I was on page 86 when a sudden flash of light appeared out of nowhere together with a car's beeping horn.

'No wonder I felt strange that time, I should have listened to my gut.'

Now the rescue team was carrying me using a wheeled stretcher. Next to me was the book.

My eyesight became even more blurry. My eye lids also feel heavy.

The last tears I have, forms then drops in my cheek. I regretted it. I shouldn't have brought the book with me.

After that, my vision became black.