Chapter 24: Ray Bourghess + After words

Before the new chapter starts, I wanted to tell my readers that I literally forgot what the hell was supposed to happen next in this novel.

The original mscript I made was from two years ago with only 15k words with bad grammar and a storyline.

I revised it three times to make it interesting and so it would fit to my taste.

Now, the revised version ended on chapter 23 and the next was just my own voice recording since I'm too lazy to write.

The thing is, I deleted that voice recording ಥ‿ಥ

And so, the next part might be very confusing or it would be totally different from the original that I intended.

Nevertheless, the flow would still be the same and the ending as well.

Now, let the story of <Sabrina> continue!

◇◆◇

────────────────

Supposed to be a secret? What's this? Am I being sold to an old hag?

That can't be, my family won't sell me to that extent.

Wait....

‘But Sabrina's family, it sounds like they're willing to do it for money!’

To start with, I don't think Sabrina has already a secret fiance that was decided by her parents in the novel.

“Agreed, so...” I mumbled as I turned back my senses to Grace.

“Do you know the name of my so-called fiance, Grace?”

Grace just lowered her head as if she was about to bow then shook her head.

“I apologize, but I do not know the name, young miss.”

Unconsciously, my mouth made a grin on its own.

“5 gold.” I demanded. “I’ll give you 5 gold if you say so.”

Without fidgeting her hands or to even hesitate, Grace drew herself nearer to me and kneel.

“From the gossip circling around the social world, only small rumors I can hear since I'm only a servant, young miss.”

Just because of the word 5 gold, she immediately did that.

But, I don't know what is the currency of 5 golds and I don't even know its value.

Either way, I used that word to bribe because it sounds very flashy.

“Ehem.” I cleared my throat before Grace proceeded. “Let me hear it then. The rumors you heard.”

“Very well, young miss.” Grace replied but she was still kneeling on the ground.

“From the patricians coming through this temple in and out, gossip was the same.” She explained. “We, the servants here have heard that—

“Get to the point.” I cutted her sentences. “Stop being so metaphoristic, Grace.”

Before Grace opened her mouth again, she exhaled air softly.

“The name of your fiance was Ray.” Grace said.

Ray? That name sounded like the name of an old man.

“Ray? What's next?? Is he a commoner that has no family name?” I asked her.

“He is from a rich family.” Grace answered and it made me thrilled since there's always a pause in every of her answers.

“The family name was Bauryghes.” She added at last.

Bauryghes? That name is familiar but I never heard that name being written in the novel itself.

Is this another side character? But from the family name itself, it sounds very grandiose.

I stared at Grace who was kneeling and it made her tremble a bit.

I searched something in my pocket.

Oh, the dress I'm wearing doesn't have one.

“Grace, you can stand back.”

“I greatly understand.” She replied then went back to the same place she was standing a minute ago.

“About the gold, I'll give it to you later.” I said. “I don't have a pocket and I'm definitely not bringing some money now.”

With my sentence, Grace returned to her normal state but she looked very confused and baffled.

“Young miss, may I, your servant, know what is this word <Pocket>?”

She doesn't know that word exists?

“Pocket— a thing use to store—

Ah, I get it. Maybe the timeline is the same as what on earth?

Then maybe the pocket was still not made at this time.

“Whatever Grace.”

Damuel, that brother of Sabrina said that her fiance is coming right? Then when is it?

“Young miss, I—

Knock knock.

A knock from the door made me and Grace surprised.

Then, after a knock, a sound of a bit older man followed by it.

“The person knocking now,” The man behind the door introduced. “Is the butler from the Bourghess family.”

‘Bourghess?’

My eyebrows starts to go frown with my face disappointingly as I looked at Grace.

“.... ”

Grace averted my gaze and I can see that she's very embarrassed as well since her face was very red.

Did she hear the rumors correctly or she just doesn't know how to pronounce it?