Chapter 9: A story inside a story

In a silhouette, Litecia opens her mouth and then she said:

"Let me tell a story."

She smiled at me like the goddess of the moon.

"Once upon a time, There was nothing but a void. Many eons had passed, an unknown being was born from the void. And no one knows its origin. Though there was a being, a void is still a void at least it's not nothing anymore since the being was there. The unknown being was so lonely floating in an endless void. The time comes when the unknown being thinks 'if there was another being here then i wouldn't be that lonely.' The unknown being became angry that it tried to reach the void even if it looked endless. Many decades had passed, the being reached the end of the void, there it found a small glitch of light. It was shining in the midst of the darkness. With curiosity from it's anger, The being smashed the glittering light then boom-"

Litecia stops.

"What happened next??"

Sabrina became a thoughtless child wanting more stories like a child being told a story before sleeping.

"Fufufu." Litecia chuckled and smiled.

"You're still a child at the end, young miss." She said, "What happened next was..."

The light of the moons became brighter making Litecia like the goddess of hunt 'Artemis'.

"Glitters of light came all over the void. The scartful of colors spread all over the place. The void became shiney and colorful. The glitters of light continued spreading like an ink drop in the water. The unknown being became fascinated from the glittering light since it was like a meteor; it moves leaving the undimming light behind. While being amused, the unknown being discovered that there was something inside the glittering light that kept moving, so the unknown being followed it endlessly like it did before. Again, many centuries had passed and it seemed that the void was now shiney and full of colors. The glittering light finally stopped; it met its end. After stopping, the glittering light lost its glitters; it faded slowly, the unknown being saw an orb inside the center of the fading glittering light. The unknown being discovered that inside the orb was where the war, peace, power and knowledge. And with that, the unknown being created the first human. Its name was Olivia."

"Olivia?"

With curiosity Sabrina asked.

"Isn't that the goddess of this empire?"

"Yes it is," Litecia replied. "Now, now. let me continue it."

"The unknown being created the first human differently from its looks. The first human was still sleeping. The unknown being didn't know how to wake it up. Maybe the being lacks some power and knowledge. Since hundreds and centuries passed, The unknown being was tired and old. Since the unknown being was tired and felt old, The unknown being poured all of the powers and knowledge remaining it found from the orb. Now the first human has become a goddess. Still even if the being poured all of its remaining, The human goddess it created didn't wake up. The unknown being kept looking at the sleeping goddess waiting for it to wake up...... But the unknown being already meets its end. The unknown being was so sad and disappointed since the being cannot see the day the goddess will open her eyes. Before meeting its end, the unknown being unleashes the very remaining of her power that keeps the being alive all over the universe. That's when the stars, planets, and galaxies were created. then after that, the being disappeared without leaving a trace."

"That's why people sometimes say that the whole universe was the body of the unknown being." Litecia added.

"Ahhh......" The young lady yawned as she was trying her best to keep her eyes open and listen.

"Many years had passed again, and the goddess finally opened her eyes from the beautiful world. Although the unknown being disappeared, the goddess knew it. Since the unknown being left some fragments of memory to the goddess. The goddess was saddened by the death of her creator."

"I thought you said the story of moons. You didn't even mention the names of moons either." The young lady complained.

"I'm not done yet, young miss."

"And where did that being even go??"

"That's still a mystery." The young lady's eyes were curious once again.

At this point The young lady started to close her eyes slowly. she could hold back against a child's body.

"Olivia, the goddess created the first three demigods. Its name was Luna, Geo, and Leox. All the three demigods were gifted with powers from the goddess and they were commanded by the goddess to take care of all the creatures, planets, stars, beings or the whole universe the goddess maintained from the unknown being. The three demigods were happy and well balanced. They were in sync. The humans and creatures on all planets were taken care of by the demi gods and goddess for a million and billion of generations. But since they were demigods; they can't live forever, they were mortal too. When the day the three demigods ends came, they were in front of the goddess, their creator. They asked if they could still help the people and creatures even if the three of them vanished. The goddess agreed to her child's plea, then the three demigods combined their powers and thus a big shining star was made. This time it was called sun."

"What happened to the three demigods?"

The young lady leaned on Litecia. Her eyes were closed but she's still listening to Litecia. And Litecia was still lifting her head looking at the night sky.

"Since the three demigods used all of their powers, they turned into three moons. Luna, the demigod that keeps everything in balance, was in the middle. Geo, who governs all of the planets, were at the top. Leox, who keeps the time moving and ticking, was at the side."

"T-that's so sad...... I feel bad about them." After saying those words, the young lady lost herself.

"Young miss?" Litecia wanted to confirm if she's really asleep.

"My. My. You're finally asleep young miss. Let's go to your room."

Litecia takes off her skirt, carries the sleeping young miss, and then they go back to the young lady's room.