Chapter 22: Inside the void of black

Same was happening to Grace, both of us were being pulled by the glowing big thread toward the center of the circle.

"Agh!"

I was fighting with my strength. I pulled my right hand in the opposite direction but the thread was too strong.

Grace was letting the thread to pull him.

I got dumbfounded for a second and then Grace showed her right hand to me, signaling me to stop.

The wind was becoming stronger as I was getting closer to the center. Since the wind was coming beneath me, It felt like I was inside a tornado.

When both of me and Grace were almost in the center, the wind stopped.

There was no noise or sound that could be heard. Only the sounds of our breathings exist.

"So what's next Grace?"

I asked her while my voice echoed endlessly in the endless void.

"Just wait, young miss." Her voice also echoed.

The thread was still in my hand and also Grace. It's like we are getting tied in the center.

Ting!

The sound made the thread on my hand to connect with Grace. The center where the thread was coming from, vanished. Now there was only one blue thread and that was the one that made Grace and I being tied together.

The circle beneath us and the letters were getting brighter and brighter.

It flashes suddenly and both of us close our eyes. After the flash, the thread was still there in both of our hands but the floating letters and characters disappeared.

The circle of the blue thread moves from my palm and stops at my wrist.

Another character appeared in the circle where I was standing. It was like some sort of summoning stuff that can be seen on television.

Shine!

The characters inside the circle glow even more. I closed my other eyes and covered it with my arms.

The circle on my right hand's wrist became more tight.

"Gah!!"

The circle tightened even more as I opposed it and it feels like it's going inside my carpus. I can feel the burning sensation in my wrist and my hand also felt like it ran out of blood.

"Stop please!"

My knees gave out. My whole body has no strength and my right hand felt like it was sliced by a flaming sword.

I raised my head and Grace was not there.

"Ha......"

As minutes pass, the pain sensation in my body decreases.

When I stood up, the big circle beneath me disappeared but the circle on my wrist and the thread was still attached on my right hand.

Ding!

「 Contractus obsignatus 」

In Front of me, a sentence appeared while floating in mid air.

"Contractus? I don't understand that word."

Looking at my right hand, the blue thread together with its circle on my wrist was still there and it was attached somewhere on the void.

As I gaze my eyes to where the thread was coming, all was black and the thread seemed to be endlessly long.

"The tales..."

I suddenly remembered what Litecia told me that night.

"Is this how the unknown being felt when the unknown being was in the endless void?"

◇◆◇

Pit pat. Tic clack. Step.

The sound of footsteps echoed as I Sabrina strides on a ground where there's nothing to be seen but a pitch black void.

No choice left behind, she followed where the thread on her hand was coming from.

The thread was like an illusion. You can see it, but you can't touch it. She was tired from walking; It was like she's following an infinite path.

"How am I supposed to get out of this place? where is Grace anyways?"

She then turned her head on the back and glanced at the glowing sentence before, but it was too late. She was too far away from that place. The only light that could be seen was the thread glowing from her right hand.

Believing that the thread has its end, she walks faster and runs.

"Huf huff.. Ha!"

No matter how far she ran, the thread she was following was endless.

"What now?"

This time, she's not scared at all. She then lay down and sat on her knee. She was thinking how to get out of this mess. Either way it was useless. The void is a void after all.

Sitting on her knee makes her feet cramp so she just squatted and hugged her knees.

Zhing!

A summoning circle appeared below her and she noticed it real quick because of the light.

"Gah! Another blinding light again?!"

When she stood up, the thread on her hand was fading, but the circle was still there.

The circle shone like the soaring sun and it almost blinded her eyes.

"Young miss?"

After she closed her eyes, the first thing she heard was the voice of Grace.

When she opened her eyes, she was back in her room again. She turned her head all around and everything seemed to be okay. Her brother was close to the door and Grace was still standing beside her bed.

In front of her, the scroll was closed.

She felt the tight sensation in her right hand again and when she moved her hand, a blue circle appeared in her wrist like a bracelet.

"W-what is this thing on my wrist?"

She said while looking at her brother.

"It's a sign of contract, little sister."

After he heard Damuel, Sabrina glanced at Grace.

"Where the hell did you even go, Grace?"

"I don't know, young miss. I suddenly got back in this room after that." Grace answered her.

Grace then raised her left hand and folded the sleeve of her uniform on her arm and showed me her naked left hand.

"This is the sign of a contract, young miss."

While raising her hand, Sabrina and Damuel could see her left wrist also had a blue mark circling her wrist.

"The Sealer will have the ornament which was the bracelet on your right hand, little sister." Damuel said as he walked closer to them. "While the contractor will have the mark."