Chapter 13: An endless walk with grace

'Damn! I regretted it! I should have pointed at Kaitlyn.'

It's already been 17 minutes and I'm still following Grace.

I'm exhausted.

It feels like I'm walking 2 kilometer non-stop straight.

"Uhm...." I said as I was trying to catch my breath. "H-how long are w-we going to walk....?"

"Just a little bit more, young miss."

A little bit more?

My feet hurt so much since this body is tiny and my legs were tiny too. Which means I have to keep my pace following Grace who has long legs.

"Fufu." Grace looked at me with pity. "Did the young miss feel tired? I can carry you on my back young miss."

What? Did she just say that she'll carry me?

'How can she say that?'

It would look embarrassing to me since I'm a teenager and in this story in the book, only a baby around 2-5 years old can be carried by a servant or a nanny that was appointed by the family.

'Grace was looking down at me.'

I paused and stopped my feet from walking. "Are you perhaps trying to commit treason?"

After she heard me, she looked at me dumbfoundedly.

"Huh?"

Grace snorted then she raised one of her eyebrows.

"I think the young miss misunderstood me. I was trying to help you since you look tired and in the temple, the word treason and nobility does not exist since we are all creatures created by the goddess."

'What kind of nonsense is this servant saying?'

Stupid.

All she said sounds stupid.

She said treason and nobility does not exist here when the temple has a high priest, a saintess, and a captain that is considered sacred.

Anyone that would touch the saintess or the high priest or something sacred here at the temple without the permission or consent can be considered as blasphemy.

She's getting on my nerves.

She even said we are all the same creature.

'seriously?'

This dumb servant considered herself as a creature when she look like an insect created by satan.

"If that is what you mean, I'm okay and I don't want to be carried since it would likely humiliate me."

Her face was looking at me with scorn.

She's been looking down at me since I'm a child.

"My apologies young miss, I didn't know it would humiliate you."

talking about being stupid, how can she say that she didn't know when before she came to the temple she was educated not to touch a patrician.

"Do you know why I'm meeting my family?"

I gave her a stern look from my face.

"...Yes, young miss."

"Then how would they react when they see their own child with the age of 10 being carried by a temple's servant?"