Chapter 37: My previous world was calling.

It took about five minutes for my neurons inside my brain to receive the message.

<This man beside me was no other than Ray, my fiancé>

And because of that, the chemical reaction happening inside my brain made me freeze as if I'm being petrified, like seeing Medusa in front of me.

And as the steam flowing out of the warm tea in front of me gradually faded, I once felt the feeling of wishing to be buried by the earth.

So I slowly moved my head to my side, where currently the two brothers were fighting over who to give a cup of tea that was already, of course, in my hand.

Why would I wait for eternity?

And before I even starts to open my mouth, with my hand holding a cup of tea, I put it near my chest, towards my mouth midway,

"My dear fiancé, Ray," I said with a smile and a soft giggle of laughter at the end.

""??!""

The two of them did stop their small arguments and seeing me with the cup of tea, the root of their ruckus would totally end for sure.

"You are not gonna spill that hot tea on me aren't you?" Replied Ray first.

"How could you think of that to her, brother??"

Perhaps Ray remembered that scene where he said I was gross touching the tea barehand to check the temperature.

And him saying that in front of Rehecard..... It might hurt my dignity.

Because of him, Rehecard was on guard trying to protect himself if I ever threw them the tea; which was, of course, I wouldn't do.

You dummy, I ain't gonna do that.

"Hahaha, I won't wh-

A heavy beat like a pulse was throbbing inside my head. I couldn't finish my words. Every throb, the noise kept getting louder and louder, and I was the only one who could feel it nor hear it.

It happened too fast. My whole body suddenly felt weak and my hand became numb.

The cup of tea I was handling fell out of my grip and the tea inside spilled all over my body as the cup fell from the ground and shattered.

The heat sensation in my body caused by the spilled tea, it was like the feeling back then- the feeling of lying down on my own blood.

"Y-young miss!"

"H-Hey!?"

"M-miss Sabrina!!"

My vision started to blur and seconds by seconds, my eyesight started to darken.

....

It was really like back then.

....

And before all my vision became black, a voice of a desperate man reverberated in my unconscious world.

"Sammy, wake up!"

I see..... My previous world is calling for me.

◇◆◇

──────────────

I woke up the same what happened to me when I first opened my eyes in this world. But this time, a difference maybe because I'm inside a room and not in the temple.

It was very comfortable. It was cozy. A nice feeling that I always wanted to feel since I entered this world.

Night it was, when I tried to remember what happened before I completely black out, I couldn't remember a thing.

The only thing I can remember- is when Grace, Rehecard, and even Ray was coming near me with that hot tea all over my torso- that's all, but I feel uneasy. It's like I forget something.

Moving on at that, I was alone in this room. Grace must be outside this room or sleeping.

Speaking of that, I rubbed my abdomen but I didn't feel not a single pain or the feeling of burnt skin.

"E-eh? Why?"

So I threw the cozy blanket that had always been on my way. Then I put my hand inside the dress I was wearing and-

".....There's really none."

There was no scratch in my body or a scar from the burn. A damage like that could be like..... A second degree burn.

"It is because of holy magic."

A tiny voice replied.

"Oh, it's the same as back then when I couldn't move my bones. How amazing holy magic is, really...... Huh?"

I was alone. No one was inside this room other than me. And I just heard a reply from somewhere.

No way, ghosts also exist in this world?! What-

I was scared. I'm hella scared of demons or a ghost and.....

?

A flapping sound like some fly in the previous world was buzzing beside me.

"I don't know what a ghost is, but I am an Etairos, I was born from you."

I never expected that the novel I read had some horror genre.