Chapter 5: She's not dreaming

After she finishes writing, she picks up the pocket mirror again and sees herself one more time. Her upper cheeks are full of bruises since she kept pinching and slapping her face to determine if it's real or not.

【 In the end, it's real. She's not dreaming. 】

"Ouch, my face sting. Why did I even slap my face?"

But despite the bruises left on her face, her face was still beautiful so she couldn't help but to admire it.

"Hmmm, it's not bad either...."

Meanwhile her mouth kept sighing. Still, it's hard to find which is correct and wrong on the five theory

"Haisss." Once more, she sighs again.

She laid her head on the table and then she looked at the bell, she took it and rang it, then she waited for the servants to come.

But after 2 minutes, the servant hadn't arrived yet so she grabbed the bird's feather, tossed it to the ink, and scribbled in the parchment again.

Creeeaak......

Clack!!

Someone opened the door.

'I think it's the servant.'

"My goodness my lady, what happened to your face? Why is it red and full of bruises?" A male's voice came out in the direction towards the door.

A teenaged boy with gray hair as the ash of burned cigarettes suddenly appeared in front of my door.

"Hey, you child. It's rude to enter my room without knocking."

I didn't even call for a boy helper or what. I just rang the bell.

"Huh?"

Disbelief. Who could have thought that a girl younger than her would talk to him like that.

"Why are you here?" I asked him. "Hmmm, you must be one of the knights of the altar the priest brought here earlier."

"Yes, I am a Knight but not for the 'altar' my lady." He Answered.

"You didn't even knock."

"I'm sorry to inform you my lady, but I knocked and you replied yes."

'What the? I remembered shouting "yes!" when I sorted the theory, but I didn't reply to someone.'

He must have thought I replied to him.

"So what brings you here?"

Without answering, the boy walked closer to the young lady.

"Let me treat your bruises first."

"Oh, this is nothing."

The young lady touched her red cheeks as if it didn't hurt.The pain of scraped skin, and bruises stings a lot. 'I guess I'll never wake up from this dream....'

"Even if you're okay, let me treat your face." The boy insisted.

"I really am Okay."

"That would bring shame to us." He opens his mouth. "If you go out with a face like that, they would say "She was in the temple yet simple scratches such as bruises weren't healed."

'Oh I see, so he was worried about the reputation of the temple and not me.'

"Haizz. Whatever. Heal me then." I concede and showed him my bruised face.

After I replied, the boy smiled, then he raised his hand and a small glitters of light came just like what the priest did.

After that, Sabrina grabs the mirror again, and sees herself healed.

"Oh, it really healed. How'd you do that?"

The lady's face started to beam with curiosity.

"Only the blessed one can have this power."

The boy then curled his lips with such a good looking face.

"The reason why I'm here was to deliver you a message and not to entertain."

"You just cut the mood!"

"The priest said that you can look around the temple after you recover. If you'll go, I'll be escorting you." He continued to talk.

"Oh, sure. Sadly, I'm not fully recovered yet."

"You can take a tour at any time, just call me at the temple's Pray room." He added.

"My my, I don't know your name, and you didn't introduce yourself either."

I told him so he'll of course introduce himself.

He looked at me as he raised his eyebrows.

"Oh my, where are my manners? My name is Ash'kiel my lady."

Judging from his hair, his name gradually suits him since its color is the same as his hair.

"How about last name?" Sabrina asked out of curiosity.

"A commoner has no family name." He replied

"I didn't know, I apologized ashkel..."

"It's Ash-kiel, not Ashkel, my lady."

"Sorry."

"It's okay. Since I've finished my task, may I take my leave now?" He seems to be in a hurry.

"Sure." I replied.

"See you again, my Lady." Ash'kiel walk back to the door again, he smiled at the young lady then- Clack! -He closes the door.

After the door was being shut, it opened again.

This time, it was the servant.

"Why did you ring the bell, young miss?"

The servant's face looked exhausted because she'd been outside for too long since the Knight came earlier than her. She had no choice but to wait until the both of them inside finished their conversation.

"Are you okay?"

The young lady was worried about the servant.

"Y-yes, I'm okay." The servant replied bitterly.

'Her face shows she's not okay at all.'

"Litecia." Sabrina opened her mouth. "Litecia Right?"

"Yes, young miss?" Litecia answered.

The young lady can easily figure out who was litecia among the servants.

In the original story, Litecia was 34 years old, described as a gentle and soft hearted person since she was the faithful servant of the young lady for almost 17 years.

Litecia was also the one who raised her despite the young lady's bad temper and attitude.

But later on when Sabrina turned 18, she accused the faithful and pitiful servant who raised her.

Litecia was accused of poisoning Kelvus, the third prince.

Despite that, Litecia accepted the accusation and she didn't resent Sabrina nor hated her.

On the day of Litecia's execution, the last word she spoke was:

「 Sabrina, take care well. 」

Thinking about what happened to Litecia in the novel, it makes me cry. Even back in my previous life, I would have slapped the book at Peter's face if I hadn't transmigrated because of the bad backgrounds he created.

"Litecia, come closer. I have something to tell you." Sabrina commanded her.

"Understood, young Lady."