Chapter 34: Unexpected Change: The Third Child

The carriage stopped and the first to come out was a mere servant. Next, a young lady came out with the servant offering her hand to her. 

The young girl smiled as she accepted the hand of her servant.

What is happening now can be seen at the top of the mansion where the head of the house was located.

Nonetheless, a scene as simple as this doesn't ring a bell to someone like the Grand Duke who rules the whole estate.

But, one of his children, Ray Bourghess, has his eyes fixed on the pane glass looking at what's happening on the ground.

“That took so long.”

“Did you invite someone?” His father responded while doing his documents.

“Yes. I invited my fiancée, father.”

“Why don't you come and greet him?”

“.....”

His child didn't answer, but a grin can be found on his lips. Seems like he was expecting something.

◇◆◇

Suppose if a noble guest was invited, then a lot of servants and the house representative should be seen right in front of the gate or inside the mansion.

But for Sabrina, even if she's invited, and betrothed, only a Butler was waiting for her.

It was finally inside at the mansion and it looked as if there was no visitor.

That means the whole house doesn't accept that person.

If an aristocrat or a patrician got humiliated or insulted, they'll fume in anger and accuse it as a disrespect. 

In that case, for the young lady of Elsteel, she was smiling sincerely with her servant Grace behind her.

She wasn't angry because the head of the house didn't greet her but rather happy that the whole mansion was peaceful.

“Once again, I am the butler of the House Bourg—

“Yeah, I know. You know too, Grace right?” Sabrina interrupted then glanced at her back.

“Pardon? Y-yes, young miss.”

The Butler can't help but to clear his throat because of the remarks Sabrina made.

‘I finally achieved some peace here. Thankfully, the Butler wasn't the same as that stubborn butler on the way back to the temple.’ Sabrina made a comment inside her mind with a smile.

The mansion was very huge. It has seven storeys each with a height of 43 meters and with a length about 678 meters.

Lots of stairs can be found on each floor and this made the ‘inner peace’ of Sabrina to turn into a nightmare.

Pant, pant. Inhale,

Hah.

‘This is the worst! I'd rather walk in circles like what Grace made me do!!’— That was all over in her head.

“Are you okay, young miss?”

“Does it look like I'm okay?”

“O-okay.” Grace answered then turned her head to the Butler who seemed to be just doing well. “Can we take a rest? My young miss was too tired.”

They're still on the 3rd floor, but with countless steps they made, the body of a young girl couldn't handle it.

“The three of us may take our time to rest for a while.” The butler exclaimed.

“T-thanks, mister.” Sabrina replied.

Rather strange. Sabrina still has her smile on her face. This made Grace who always has been observing her to doubt.

Sabrina in Grace’s perspective was a devil, cunning, and fierce. But why was Sabrina back to her innocent appearance like the first time they met?

‘Is the young miss playing a scheme?’ She concluded. But, she didn't say what's on her mind. She just quietly observed what the young lady was doing.

◇◆◇

Unexpectedly, in the middle of their rest, someone came and the Butler made his move and bowed his head.

“Greetings, young lord.”

“Oh? Good to see you third butler Solp. What are you doing in the third floor of the mansion?”

“We had a guest.” The Butler answered, extending his hand referring to the guest.

Sabrina and Grace also bowed their heads as a sign of respect although Sabrina was an exception since she's a noble.

“Young miss, don't bow your head.” Grace whispered.

“Hm? R-really?”

A silver-haired young man, with a pupil of his eyes that has the color as blue as the sky was looking at Sabrina.

“I am the third son of this house, I am Von Rehecard Bourghess.”