Chapter 31: The Male Lead

The servants were baffled and terrified by what I said. They couldn't look me at the eye, and the two of them were already starting to sweat.

I was just glaring at them with my arms crossed as I awaited their answer.

Then, they suddenly turned their back and ran away.

“That's all? The end?”

I was disappointed at how easy it was that. I wish I could cause a ruckus on here now that some of the dwellers nearby had their eyes locked on me.

Whatever. Not that I care.

Not to mention, their eyes were looking at my right side. Ah.. Okay.

They're looking at the bracelet on my right hand. The sign of the contract between me and Grace.

So they weren't talking bad about me inside that religious fanatic head of theirs. Perhaps they were curious who I made a pact with because the bracelet has the symbol of the temple.

They might curiously think ‘Who could that girl’s servants be?’ or maybe something like ‘I pity her servant. Her master suck.’ and many more even worst.

Speaking of which, as I raised my head up to the sky, I saw it. The sky. It's not very different from my previous world. 

And if these things all I keep seeing, I might adapt in this world and accept that ‘This is my new world.’

But no. I hate this. It would have been better if I didn't know that I'm inside a book or a story. It's not because I hate spoilers, but because I hate being inside a world that was created by some author.

God? Who's that? Jesus? Olivia? I don't know.

I took a deep inhale then returned back to the place where I was before; to the unnoticed other side covered in bushes and grasses.

Grace told me this way that it leads to the carriage section. Actually not, she said the correct way was the place where many dwellers pass by, but I noticed this one so I chose this.

Seems like no gardener was incharge in this place since no one cuts the tall grasses or slices some curly vines here.

But it was peaceful.”

Again, whenever I talk about this sentence, someone will really destroy it. Tsk.

I heard a kid's crying murmur. I followed it and saw a kid the same age as me being tied in a tree.

He was crying so bad that his green eyes started to fade. He had yellow hair. Not blonde since it's not a pale yellow, but a pure one.

“Hic! P-please help me uwahh!”

I see. Judging by his appearance, he is the male lead. What the heck happened to him that he ended up in this situation?

Although in the novel, he was really bullied a lot when he was a kid, I never expected to see it in my eyes.

“Whatever. Calm down, Kyle.” I said as I started to untie the rope that tied him with the tree.

Hik. H-how do you know my name...?”

....

My eyes widened when I remembered it.

“HA! ...... AHAHHAHAHAH!!!”

The kid got scared because of my hysterical laugh. 

“W-what.... The matter, snif.” He whimpered, trying to suppress his urge to cry.

That dream I had after I slept outside the temple, I now remember it. I can clearly hear the voice of the male lead cursing out my name, saying I'm either a bitch or that I deserve to be beheaded.

It was then my inner villainess had awakened. The rope that I was supposed to loosen to help the male lead, was now tightened by me.

It was even more tighter.

“H-HELP! Hikk!” The yellow haired kid pleaded.

I don't know why, but seeing him beg like this makes me feel happy.

I giggled as I looked at him in his front. He was crying so bad and.... The hope inside that green eyes have already faded. 

How splendid. Should I just kill this kid now so that I'll escape the novel? Maybe the world will be destroyed if I kill him?

“Snif Whelppn!! HEELLPP!!”

I grabbed a stone and my hand was ready to strike his head. For the first time inside this world, I felt elation and thrill. ‘What would happen if I kill him?’ that keeps circling inside my head.

But, that euphoria suddenly disappeared when somebody grabbed my hand.

“Please don't, young miss.”

Grace appeared with a luggage at the back of me, stopping all my movements.

“Killing someone is not a good idea.”