Chapter 20: Damuel, my brother who was also a villain

Bam!

A sound of a door being opened suddenly together with a brute force and speed startled my ear.

"Where's my little sister Sabrina?!"

The man surprised both of me and Grace with his husky shout.

Black hair, the same as mine with his eyes brighter in color than mine.

I was very surprised to see my annoying brother.

After I heard the noise, I saw his proud face. He just made my blood pressure go sky high.

"What the heck did you just do Damuel!"

"Whaat?" He rubbed his ears as if he's cleaning it. "Whatcha mean? I'm just here to see my little sister."

I glanced at Grace and she was panicking with her eyes locked on the ground, so I moved my eyes to where she was staring.

'Damn!'

The parchment's edge can be seen beneath my bed.

". . . "

Grace obviously kicked the papers beneath my bed since Damuel suddenly barged into my room without even saying hello.

Damuel was confused because Grace and I were sweating avoiding his gaze.

"My lil' sister, why are you and your servant staring at the ground, hmmm?"

Step clack.

Without waiting for a second demotion, he moved his feet and stepped closer to my bed.

Grace was making it obvious.

She was staring hard, which made Damuel to glance where she was staring and of course he noticed something; a piece of paper can be seen behind the bed sheets that reaches the tiles.

When Damuel noticed it, he moved closer to my bed then he bowed at his waist.

He was about to reach it but my mouth suddenly opened. "Brother, why are you bowing in front of me?"

With my sudden talk, he turned his face to me.

"Uh huh?" He shrugged, then turned back his face again to where it was earlier, he flips the bed sheet on the bottom of my bed and grabs the parchment.

When Damuel grabbed the parchment, I couldn't stop him because I'm too lazy. I was a bit happy when Damuel only got the parchment, but then he suddenly knelt to the tiles, lowered his head again and he was searching as if there was more beneath my bed and he was correct. Damuel ended up finding the papers and the scroll beneath my bed.

'This is probably all Grace's fault.'

Knowing what will happen soon, Grace was moving away from us like she was trying not to get involved.

Not thinking the reason we got found out was because of her slowness.

Damuel raised the scroll and opened it in front of us and said, "Can you explain this to me Sabrina?" He was smiling but he was definitely not happy seeing a magical scroll and suspicious papers came out from my bed.

He clicked his mouth and asked, "Why did my little sister have a scroll of contract?"

"Do I need to give you a reason?" I said while giving him a serene face.

With my response, Damuel came closer to my face and he showed me the scroll while pointing at it.

"The blood."