Chapter 35: A short drama

「 Rehecard 」

Hearing that child introducing himself, I couldn't hide the excitement field inside my chest.

In the novel, as clearly as I remembered, he was a side character. But for some reason, he did have many pov where he acts very cute. Just like Sabrina, he was my favorite.

Not because ‘he was cute’ that's why he's my favorite, but he once had a battle with the male lead and he won. 

Well, later on when the story progresses, of course the male lead won in another battle with him; regaining the confidence he once lost.

He's a male lead. It's only natural.

That's the simple reason. Because Rehecard beat the male lead.

Other than that, his personality was as nice as what was written in the book.

But to think of it, Rehecard must be Ray’s siblings, so why did Ray not receive a spotlight on the novel or even his name written?

That sounds very baffling since the two of them should have some connection.

Well, maybe Ray will come out in surprise at the very ending of the novel since I died not finishing the book.

Come to think of it, if I hadn't seen Rehecard right now, I could have possibly forgotten him.

It's not my fault since you're just a side character anyways.

So what now? What do I do with this person?

I really wanted to squeeze his cheeks though. I'm afraid doing that sort of thing is very cringe and unethical.

Huh? Wait, unethical? That sounds very unique coming from my perspective.

“Nice to see you, Von Reheard.” I formally said. “I am the........

What am I again? No— how many kids are there in my family? Two? aghh, forget about this.

“I am Sabrina Collin Elsteel.”

“So, what is the gorgeous guest doing here?” He asked with a slight smile.

And so, I gaze my eyes on Grace. She jolted in surprise though having a ‘W-What young miss??’ expression.

Just by looking at her eyes, she understood what I wanted to tell without opening my mouth.

So Grace answered in my stead.

“The young miss comes here to apologize to the young master, Ray.”

Or maybe not.

That's not what I mean Grace!! I can't help but just to look at her fiercely. ‘What you've done is totally wrong!’ She made me embarrassed all the way long.

The young Rehecard scoffed for a second then laughed afterwards.

“Pwahaha, you're going to the sixth floor just to apologize?”

How cute. This time, I wanted to slap his cheek. It doesn't matter anyways.

In my previous life, I was in a drama and acting club. And yes, I played many roles. 

I was versatile. From a supporting actor, acting like a background tree, villain, or the lead. 

And this is a piece of cake for me.

Remembering that I once died, tears start to form in my eyes. And within a second, my face became a river.

Hick!— I'm r-really sorry. I d-did a horrible thing to your older brother. Sniff.”

Because of that, the butler has a look of trouble. This child Rehecard was trembling, he became nervous looking at me cry. He must have thought it's his fault that's why I cried.

I told ya. I know this Rehecard very well.

And Grace, of course she's sad too—!!

Huh!?

When I slowly shifted my head to her, she looked disgusted and furrowed. Don't give me that look you dang servant!

Rehecard starts to panic. His joyous chuckles disappeared. He was trying to look for something in his pocket, but the butler was the one to move first.

“Please relax young miss. Please have this towel.”

◇◆◇

After that scenario, we were still on the third floor. I was sitting on a nice and elegant chair with Grace standing beside me.

The butler offered a room for me to relax. He seemed to be feeling bad that I cried. And of course I accepted it. But I never thought that this Rehecard child would follow me until here.

“Young miss, shall I tell him to scram for you?”

Grace noticed my gestures. Of course I need a little privacy and although I'm not against it, Rehecard was making the atmosphere awkward. We were still waiting for the butler to come back with a tea

He was fidgeting his hand while taking a seat three chairs away from me. He kept glancing back and forth. He seems to want to talk ‘Are you okay now? Are you feeling well?’ but he can't bring his self to talk.

That's why he's cute in this way.

Just then, Grace prod her index finger at my shoulder as she draw her face nearer to mine.

She whispered, “Young miss, I'm sorry If I asked you this but, earlier, when the butler was introducing himself, you interrupted and said that you know it already and asked me too. 

I said yes but the truth is no. 

How did you know the butler’s name?”

?

Good thing to ask such a wasteful question Grace. Oh, I forgot.

I already know the butler’s name since his appearance did match the butler of the novel that Rehecard talked to.

My lips curled as I answered her.

“I don't want a long talk Grace you know that right?”

“Understood young miss.” She responded, drawing back her face. 

A shaking voice starts to reverberate at my side.

“A-Ah..... you feeling alright now?” His blue eyes avert my gaze as he talks.

“That won't do. I don't like talking to people who're looking at the ground.”