Chapter 21: The rat of the social circle

Damuel glanced at Grace, "Are there any patients admitted in this hallway?" He Asked.

"Yesterday there were many people, but now there aren't. Only the young miss."

Sabrina was listening to their conversation and she was confused so she moved her mouth.

"Speaking of an old hag, there was a man wearing a tux-" She paused for a second. She was about to say 'Tuxedo' but that word doesn't exist in the medieval period. "Some kind of smoking jacket." she continued.

"What color?" His brother seems to be correct about his hypothesis in his mind.

"Black with a tie of silver."

Damuel suddenly stood after Sabrina answered. Damuel asked Sabrina once more with a serious tone.

"What did Baron Kischer do in this room?"

There was a person who was trembling in the corner of the room. Sabrina looked at it and she saw Grace who has a pale complexion.

Sabrina noticed that every time she talks about the person who came earlier than Damuel, Grace will tremble like she was terrified. And when Sabrina guessed that the person who came earlier was Baron Kischer, her complexion doesn't seem to be right.

"Th-that person's name wa-was Baron K-Kischer?" Grace's voice was quavering with rage in her eyes.

Damuel turned his face to the corner and replied to her.

"Yes." He answered it with one word and turned his face back to Sabrina again with a weak laugh. "Heh. Is your servant a mad dog?"

"Shut up brother." Sabrina responded to Damuel and she looked at Grace who was trembling. "Is something that matter if she's Baron Kischer, Grace?"

"Th-that person is the one who-"

"The one who sentenced one of your parents to death right?" Damuel heckled with a taunt.

With the sudden interruption of Damuel, Grace lowered his head and answered him in a low voice. "Yes, he killed my father...."

Sabrina was bewildered by the sudden change of mood. She was shocked by Grace's story and was also amazed by her brother.

Sabrina turned her face to her brother.

"How did you even know the answer, brother?"

"You don't know how amazing your brother is, eh?" Damuel gave her a fake confused face.

"I don't know. You look stupid. Just answer it."

"Ouch! How can you say that to your older brother?"

Damuel was trying to annoy her younger sister but it seems that the young lady doesn't like it.

"Bien!" Damuel said, "Baron Kischer is known for 'The rat of social circle' because he kept slamming and accusing people, especially commoners and nobles who had lower positions than him."

"Wow, I didn't know he was like that. He has a formal look though."

"So? What happened when he came here?" His brother glared at her.

"He just came here and said he got the wrong room even though his eyes were rolling in my room."

"He probably has planned in his mind."

Grace's trembling seems to be fading away.

"Anyways, you need to make this contract work right?" Damuel said while opening the scroll beside Sabrina.

"Yes, will you help me brother?"

Since Grace was back to normal again, Damuel commanded her to come closer to him.

"Give me that feather and the ink." He said while pointing his index finger at the table beside the bed.

Grace successfully did what she was commanded and she was standing beside the bed waiting for another command.

Damuel waves his hand towards Grace, signalling her to come closer to him and when she was close enough, Damuel asked her solemnly.

"Will you serve my little sister till the end of the contract?"

Without any hesitation, Grace answered "Yes."

Damuel moves his face to Sabrina and gives her the feather.

Sabrina accepted it then, she opened the ink bottle and tossed the feather in it. The scroll was already spread wide by his brother.

"Put your signature here." Said Damuel while pointing his finger to the corner of the scroll.

'Will it work?'

Sabrina's mind was full of doubt. Her arms were shaking as she started to scribble her signature on the scroll.

'I'm not the real Sabrina but I hope it will work.'

Schreek. Scrib. Scrible.

When she was done putting her signature,

Whoosh!

A gust of wind came out of the scroll. All the characters that were written on it were floating in the air leaving the scroll blank behind.

Damuel stand and he moves away from me and Grace. He was standing in the door.

The character seems to be arranging itself mid air. All the characters were glowing.

Grace was looking at me calmly as if it was normal.

After half a minute of glowing, the room I was sitting in has changed to a pitch black with only the glowing letter characters and Grace can be seen.

I turned my head beside me but it was all black. I can't see the door nor Damuel who was standing.

It was as if Grace and I were in a different world with only the letters glowing in front of us.

"Uhm Grace?" I was a bit scared since the one I was sitting in was all black. It's like I'm floating in a void of black.

"Just a little longer, young miss." Grace responded to me, but that doesn't make me calm at all.

After the letters and Characters stopped moving, a big circle beneath us appeared while shining.

"What the heck is this?!"

The circle was getting bigger occupying the whole room of black and I was sitting on a black surface with the part of the circle beneath me the same as Grace and in the center was the glowing letters.

I don't know what I was sitting on so I stood up and a glowing white circle appeared in my right hand.

Grace was also shocked when she saw a white circle in her left hand.

Then a big blue thread appeared in the center of the circle beneath the floating letters. The big thread moved closer to me and another sentence showed in front of me and Grace.

「 Blue symbolizes Trust, Lealtad, La Sagesse, Fiducia, அறிவு, நம்பிக்கை, உண்மை and heaven. 」

"What's that grace?" I shouted at her but she couldn't seem to hear me because the gusting angry wind blocked all the sound.

Just after I shouted, the big thread tied my right hand. The thread was like grabbing my right hand while the circle was starting to get tight in my hand.