Chapter 25: Annoying Butler

Clank.

In a silent room, a young miss of a certain household holds her teacup elegantly as she gently puts it back to the small plate where the teacup was originally placed.

Her red eyes were staring at the person sitting opposite to her and it seems like that person she was staring at has no intention to talk to her nor has an interest in opening his mouth to her.

“.....”

The steam floating upwards from their teacups were starting to fade since the heat was also starting to subside.

It's been half of a half’s hour since the cold atmosphere started— It seems that the reason their tea was starting to lose its heat was because of the cold atmosphere.

There was a tea set in the table in front of them but the arrangement of the snacks were still the same as it was placed first; it was left untouched.

“....”

“......”

““.......””

The room was silent. Only the sound of both party’s breathing noise can be heard throughout the whole room.

‘How long will this staring contest finally end?’— Sabrina asked a question in her head.

How did this awkward atmosphere start? 

Let's go back a few minutes before this cold scenario happens.

◇◆◇

“You may come inside.” I replied to the person who was introducing himself behind the door.

The sound that came out of his mouth sounded like the voice of an old man. Well, in typical novels, Butlers were mostly old.

I moved back my gaze to Grace and she was very flustered while her head was bent lowly as her eyes were locked at the ground.

Must be because she was embarrassed. I mean, she misspoke the last name of that person and she was quite confident.

That's the price for being Karen I guess, but I'm still thankful since she gave me some information.

The door opened and I was right— A man in a kind of suit, but just looking at it, it looks very old. It's a very out-of-fashion trend.

Maybe because the world where I came from was modern?

Still, that suit the butler was wearing was definitely more expensive than the white tunic dress I was wearing.

The black eyes of the butler were looking at me like it was piercing me. Feels like he was evaluating me from head to toe.

The Butler was wearing a kind of eyeglass— wait, eye glass? I don't know what it's called since it only has one lens with a metallic small chain attached to the hidden part of his ears.

“A, ahem.” I cough dryly as I proceed to open my mouth to the butler who was sent by someone. “What message might a butler of someone’s household bring to me?”

“Please pardon my intrusion.” The butler responded with a slight bow. “The young master of the Bourghess family wants to see his betrothed.”

Betrothed? The heck is that word? Does he mean fiancée?

“And then...?”

“The young master wished to see you.”

“Then let that young master you served to come here so that he can see me with his eyes.”

With my sharp answer, be it a sarcasm or an insult, the butler didn't lose his cool. The butler just shook his head from left to right giving me a gesture of ‘that won't do.’

“I apologized. I cannot do that.” The butler said straightly. “I can only move when my master commands, so I cannot listen to the young miss.”

A tired and annoyed sigh came out of my small mouth.

“Really? Why are you breathing right now? Why is your heart beating? I thought that young master commanded you? Or could it be that he told you just now using telepathy? ”

“....”

“I am very sorry for that. I apologize If my words made the young miss offended.”

“So be it.”

I nodded as my hand signaling him to move the topic next and tell me the message already and he seemed to get my point.

“The young master of Bourghess wanted to look at his fiancée to see if she's hurt. No ill intention was there nor to make the young miss offended by my loyalty.”

Heh.

This old man sure talks a lot. He managed to counter a brat like me.

Well whatever.

But... Do you really think I can walk now? I mean, yes I can walk but I'm tired. And also lazy.

If that person wants to see me, then why don't that kid go here instead?

“I’m quite tired.”

“It doesn't look like the young miss was tired since you kept talking back.”

What the—?!

This old man is annoying as hell. Very demanding as well.

Besides, I'm really, really freaking tired right now! I just wanted to sleep, that's all!

Tsk, how annoying.

My tongue flick as I gritted my teeth looking at the old man who was a butler in front of me.

After that, I let my laziness devour all over my body and I slammed back to the soft bed not even minding there was a guest in my room.

“I’m tired, that's all. Go back to that young master you kept saying and tell him “The young miss was very tired.””

“As I have said, I cannot do that, young miss.”

Geeeez! How stubborn! I'm really tired and this man kept getting on my nerves!