Chapter 39: Stop playing around

With that slap I gave her, she stumbled to her back and looked at me with a confused and disbelieving face. She couldn't believe that I just slapped her. It was like seeing Grace one more time when I did unexpected things.

Who cares anyway. This lady here started the fight on her own so why not give her the medicine for mental illness? I hope that slap made a tingle in your brain.

"H-how could you?!"

"How could I what? Girl, you should be happy. That was a once in a lifetime performance you'll never experience again."

"IMPUDENT!! I'll never experience that because you're going to the supreme court tomorrow!"

"Na-ah! Nope, you are not going to experience it once again cause I'll bury you alive next time you'll do a scheme on me." I replied back to her with my face ready to slap her again.

"I CHANGE MY MIND!!" She yelled like crazy. "YOU'RE GOING TO JAIL RIGHT NOW!!"

I couldn't hear her words clearly because it was almost like she's shouting with a microphone and speaker in front of me. My ears hurt listening to her, so I just dauntlessly stared at her like I didn't care. But of course I'm scared. I don't wanna go to jail either.

"Sherly, stop. You're humiliating us." Said Ray as he stride to our location. "Even if she did shred the envelope, my fiancee won't have that much energy as she just awoke from her exhaustion."

"WHAT? You too? I can't believe you are siding with a stranger and not with your cousin!"

Ray gave off an exhausted sigh as he put his palm on his face. He was giving a "not again" face remark.

"You already did this kind of thing! How many envelopes are you going to keep tearing on from now? Just do tell us. Father will provide you tons of envelopes even with gold ones."

The butler did too, cleared his throat and then looked me in the eyes then walked closer to Sherly.

"Do not worry. The envelope that I gave to Lady Sherly was fake as I assumed this would happen."

"Good work." Ray replied to him

No wonder when Sherly starts to rip the paper, the contents inside were blank, it seems.

Sherly was now even more furry looking at the butler. Feels like her new enemy was now the butler and not me.

Then after a long fierce fight of staring contest Sherly was doing, she gave up with a sigh and shrugs then proceeded to move her face to me and gaze at me from bottom to top.

"Well, I was just playing around-

"Of course you are." Ray interrupted

"mm. you should, you should." Rehecard added while nodding his head continuously.

"GOD, I was just testing her, you know. I mean, she's your fiance and I just wanted to tease her up a little bit. I can't believe I received a death threat at the end...."

"Oh my, really?" I seconded her. "Then I hope you liked that slap I gave you. It was actually me and my family's way of greeting."

'Slapping one another as a greeting? What a scary tradition..' Ray thought, feeling scared. Perhaps all of them were thinking the same. They were looking at me weirdly.

"Oh... okay. That was a weird ethic. I must say, you are quite a white lotus aren't you. But I liked that." Sherly seemed to be happy as she looked at me. "Let's have a wonderful tea time next time, young miss of Elsteel."

She looks like she took a liking to me. I don't know how, but maybe because a villainess should also talk to a villainess?

I then responded feeling flattered, forgetting that I just slapped her. "I would love to."

The both of us made chuckles of laughter symbolizing that we were in peace. But from the perspective of the people looking at us, they were thinking that we were plotting to continue our fight outside.

"I'll give you an invitation next time." Sherly said with a quick wink then turned back as she tossed her hair with one hand. "See you next time."

She then left the room. And she forgot to clean the pieces of paper she tore. It's okay. I did leave a pink mark on her face from my slap, so it's fair enough.

Clap. Clap Clap.

"I'm impressed with your performance and weird tradition, Sabrina." Ray said, clapping his hand in awe. "Now I'm terrified that your parents will greet me next time with a slap."

"Then you just don't need to see them." I replied.

"That cannot be helped. I need to see my future in-laws." He answered with a faint smile.

Crazy. He's creepy. I hope he's joking.

The servants in front of the door that had been looking at us were still not getting away but instead made already rumors. I did hear that I'm a bad person for slapping the cousin of my fiance. I was annoyed as I don't like being watched by the eyes of a beggar.

Ray noticed my movements, so he shifted his face towards the crowd of servants.

"All the servants and maids here should have a salary deduction."

With a face that is cold as ice and a voice that could overwhelm someone (only the servants and not me), just in a second, the doorway was left empty.

"I have a very, VERY IMPORTANT THINGS TO TALK TO MY FIANCEE." Said Ray, glaring at me. He's going to leave a hole in my face soon.

The butler left the room and just like what I had expected, I was left alone in the room with Ray. Hope something bad is not going to happen.