Chapter 23: A fiancé of mine I didn't know

"So what? Am I gonna wear this bracelet on my hand for eternity?"

The young lady shouted while raising her right hand showing them the ornament on her wrist.

"If the bracelet breaks, you'll break the contract too." Said Damuel.

"If that happens, the mark on my left hand will also vanish, young miss." Grace added.

Nevertheless, Sabrina was mesmerized looking at the blue bracelet on her hand.

'It's like the glowing blue circle back in the void.'

"What happened brother, when I disappeared from the room?"

Grace pulled back the sleeve and covered her arms. Then she stepped back and returned to the corner of the room.

It's kind of respect since she's a servant.

Damuel, who was standing near the bed, came closer to his younger sister and sat on the bed beside her.

"You didn't disappear from the room."

"Huh? What do you mean? After I put my signature, the whole room became black and I couldn't even see you." The young lady tried to explain.

Damuel twitches his eyebrows and laughs weakly. "It's because you were closing your eyes. What I mean was, the thing that happened to both of you and your servant was just imagination. More likely that your soul is in another dimension?"

"You're saying that I'm hallucinating?"

"Hmm. not really..." Damuel grabbed his own chin and said, "It was magic and like that. Well, magic is a mystery so I really can't tell what it was, little sister."

"You're saying my older brother is dumb?" The young lady replied to her brother.

"Uh-ah? I'm a bit offended. I can't believe my younger sister speaks to her family members like that..."

With disappointed eyes, the young lady put a forced smile on her face.

Damuel then put his hand on Sabrina's shoulder and whispered.

"Hide your wrist from your fiancé. I heard mother talking about him."

The young lady was bowled over after what she heard from the whispers of her brother.

"What fiancé? I don't know about that!"

To her surprise, the young lady shouted.

Grace also jolted because of the young lady's sudden shout.

"Sigh. You know what little sister?" Damuel then put his palm on his face. "You're not supposed to shout. I mean, I whispered so you should whisper too."

"How am I supposed to be calm when you're going to say I have a fiancé without me knowing I have."

"That's why I told you. Now you know."

"Wow, I can't believe you're my brother."

"I was surprised too when mother said you are my little sister."

The young lady frowned her face looking at her older brother.

"Pfft. HAHA! I was just joking." Damuel burst a laugh.

Sabrina's face was still frowning, she was dead serious.

"Damuel," The young lady dropped the formalities and continued. "If you're joking all the time, then it's better to get out of my room."

Hearing what his younger sister told him, his face became cold.

"Fine."

Damuel stood up politely from the bed and walked towards the door.

He then glanced at his back.

"Little sister, I apologize okay?" He grabs the doorknob and opens the door gently. "Remember what I whispered to you. Your fiancé is coming okay?"

Slam.

He closes the door with a wink in his right eye.

◇◆◇

In the original novel, Sabrina has no fiancé or lover before she hits her coming-of-age ceremony. She has no pursuer because of her bad attitude and bad sense of her outfit.

When going out to the ball, Sabrina would dress extravagantly. Her makeup would be so thick. Her face would always frown that made everyone scared of her.

[ No one would like to approach a cold and grumpy person right? ]

Still, Sabrina would think that she was at the center of the ball. She would think that she was the most elegant person in the social world not until she turned eighteen...

....So who's my fiancé?

Did my parents sell me for an old hag?

It's not impossible since the countess couple adopted Helbert because of the gold the royal family offered.

But, when we talked back in the solar room, they didn't seem to be bad parents. And Damuel didn't also seem to be worried about my fiancé although she warned me to hide my wrist.

Did the original Sabrina have a crush or feelings for someone?

Not either, since the original Sabrina met her first crush when she turned sixteen and in the timeline now, I'm a ten year old kid.

Besides, Sabrina still haven't gone to puberty this time

So who's her fiancé? 】

The young lady was biting her nails as she wandered deep in her mind.

'Who the hell is my freaking fiancé?'

"Young miss, please stop biting your hand." Grace told while she's arranging the table and the scroll

"You heard it right?"

"Heard what?"

Click!

The sound of the last nail being bitten in her thumb makes the blanket untidy.

Grace, who was standing near the table, remembered what the young lady told her.

"Young miss, don't tell me you have a compulsive disorder too?"

The young lady looked at her with the expression of "huh?" and said:

"Yes, I do, but I bite my nails when I'm nervous or out of my mind."

Grace smiled at her.

"Then we're the same then."

"A sarcasm?"

Grace swallows her answer and proceeds arranging the table. She then folded the scroll and the papers. She put the ink bottle back in the box and put it inside the cabinet.

"Answer my previous question, Grace." The young lady was dead serious again.

"Yes, I did hear it young miss."

"So, do you know who my fiancé is?"

Grace swallowed her dry saliva.

"Your brother whispered right?"

"...Yes."

"It's because no one was supposed to know that you have a fiancé."