Chapter 40: Soirèe

Having half of her body laid on the bed as she just awoke from fainting, Sabrina was having a tea time with her fiancé, Ray Bourghess.

A small square table was placed next to her bed so that she won't need to get up off the bed.

Ray was sitting not opposite of her, but right next directly to her bed.

"Try to drink the te-

"No need to tell." Sabrina cuts his words then grabs the tea cup that was placed in front of her.

"...."

With this kind of habit Sabrina seemed to liked; interrupting someone's sentence- Ray just closed his eyes then smiled at her.

"The smell was elegant and the taste was relaxing." Sabrina said after taking a small sip.

"It's chamomile tea mixed with lavender. Aromatic, yes?"

Sabrina returned the tea cup to the table. And a bitter smile soon indulges her lips.

"What do you wanna talk about?"

"...."

With no response, the crimson red tint inside the eyes of Sabrina had seemed to be dimming.

".... You said you have something to say at the end, you're just gonna end up not talking back and gave me a cold shoulder. " She mumbled softly. "It's either you're gonna yell at me or not. How are we supposed to communicate? Aren't we both engaged? Even if it's a political one, you shouldn't give a cold response to me."

Ray was looking at her steadily. Though it wasn't as cold when he looked at the servants, sympathy can be said.

An exhausted sigh soon came out of Sabrina's mouth as she was thinking that all that she had done was pathetic.

"Forget what I said. I'm just very tired..."

Cold and stoic face the man in front of her was having, Sabrina felt embarrassed.

So the young man opened his mouth....

".... Do you want some cookies?"

Out of nowhere, this sudden change of subject made Sabrina fume in anger.

"WHO THE HECK ASKED ABOUT THAT!!!?"

Her shout made the young master in front of her to be in shock with both eyes widened. Astounded that he was forced to gulp with a dry saliva.

"I I-m sorry...." Ray was apologetic.

"Don't apologize! That was annoying. Way to break the mood seriously."

"I just thought that maybe you liked something to cheer you up. Like the thing you did in our first meeting.... "

'Something's definitely wrong... Why is he being lowly today?' Sabrina thought while glaring at Ray fiercely.

"And you run away after that...."

'Don't make me remember that!!! Hasjkdjshsjj!!!'-Sabrina blubbers inside her head.

And then, since Ray has been looking at Sabrina for a while, Sabrina pauses all her movements and tries to look at herself whether something was wrong.

"I have seen a sort of contract.... On your hand." Muttering, his eyes were locked on Sabrina's right hand that was covered by a long sleeve of white fabric.