Chapter 4: Theory

The young lady of Elsteel looked shocked. So in this kind of atmosphere, the new servant left the room so that the young lady would feel better, but when the servant came out from the lady's room, the maid's gossip was what she heard first.

"Is it just me? But the young lady of Elsteel was acting very strange."

"I know right! The young lady really is the spitting image of her family."

"A moment ago, she was mute and looked innocent, but when she opened her mouth, a load of crap came out!"

"Yes, indeed it is, when she glares at me, it feels like she's going to bury me alive."

They were gossiping in the hallways, so some other maid could hear. And when someone hears it and has an interest on it, they would join.

[ That's the way of exchanging information. ]

"Is that so? I heard that the young lady knocked her head in a water fountain." The other servant said.

"That must have hurt so much!"

"No wonder she slept almost four days straight."

"But, do you know??" Another maid joined the circle. "The rumors said that the young miss of Elsteel is a spoiled brat. It even said that she was living in luxury and looking down at commoners."

"Oh my, I also heard the she slap a maid before because her dress got stepped"

"that's probably karma."

"Noble's nowadays where acting high and mighty."

"Tsk! That's really correct! They can't even be easy on a peasant like us."

The young lady's servant was also enjoying eavesdropping, but It can't be helped. Since she was assigned to the young lady, she needed to stop the gossip.

"My fellow servants, we are the goddess' child! We must not talk like that!"

She stepped out and showed herself.

"Do you know? Talking like that to a patrician can get you killed!"

The servant freaked out at what she said, then their face's complexion became white.

"huh? Are you all okay? The five of you look pale...."

"Yes, yes. I'm tired so I'm gonna go." The first servant goes out.

"M-me too, I have an errand to go."

The second one left in a hurry.

"My friend is waiting for me so I excuse myself too." The third one excused herself.

"M-me too, so I'll leave."

And just like that, all the gossiping servants got terrified and ran away.

"My, my. I can't even join their gossip how unlucky~"

◇◆◇

An hour had passed and Sabrina could now move her whole body.

Samantha- no, Sabrina since she possessed the body of the young lady of Elsteel family in the novel that her friend created. She kept looking at the pocket mirror so long that it might break at any moment.

'What's happening?'

Her thoughts were full of questions and suspicions.

She kept pinching her skin, slapping her cheeks wondering if she could wake up from this terrible dream.

But even if she keeps hurting herself for an hour, nothing happens.

All she got was a pain and a bruise in her skin.

"What in the world did you do Peter?"

She was wondering why the name 'Sabrina and continent Raiven' sounds familiar, it turns out that she was inside the novel that she once read before her life ended.

'Of all the afterlife, why a novel?'

Her mind was still in despair.

"A side character or a supporting one would be better, but why Sabrina? The villainess of all villains in the story?" She murmured.

She remembered that she once borrowed money from Peter two years, but she didn't pay him until now.

"Was it karma for not paying??"

With struggling thoughts, she rolls her body back and forth to the bed making the bed sheets go messy and untidy.

"This small body really feels too stiff."

After half an hour of making a mess in her room, she finally organized her thoughts and thus she made a theory about what happened to herself.

She carefully stood up from her messy bed although she was still wobbling and trembling.

She walked gently to the corner of her room, then she went to the table.

She moved her hand to the lower part of the table, there she found a small cabinet attached to the table. She pulled the handle, then opened and she found a parchment, a bird's feather and an ink in a small glass bottle.

When she found what she needed, she sat in the chair beside the table.

She divide the parchment into small squares, then she gets the bird's feather, tossed it in the ink and scribbled and she wrote:

「 Theory #1:」
-since I got into an accident back in my previous life, I was in a state of coma and all the things that looked real and felt real were all made by my subconscious. In other words; this was all a dream and I'll wake up from this when my coma will be lifted or my original body recovered.

"Thinking of having a coma, they might think that I'm close to death, this is kinda sad." She said with a distorted face.

「 Theory #2: 」
-My spirit was swapped with the one I currently possess. Although these things only apply to a parallel world not in transmigration, this fits my situation well.

"In some stories I've read, it's also possible that my spirit was put in an empty shell, which means that the original owner of this body is dead. Oh, no.... Where's the original Sabrina?"

When she finished writing, she put her hand on her chin then, she sighs heavily.

Before the accident; the moment before her death comes, she remembered that a sudden light flashes her eyes as the same light as what the 'Priest' divine power.

She puzzled her thoughts, then she grabbed the feather and she started to move her hand again.

「 Theory #3」
-I didn't die from the accident. I didn't die because the moment the light flashes, a mystery already happens....

'Someone must have used magic in this world that caused a spatial problem in my previous world or it's God's will.'

「 Theory #4 」
-it was all Peter's fault. When Peter created a novel; a new world was also created. This means that I got 100% transmigrated.

「 Theory #5 」
-this isn't the world of a novel, even if they had the same name; they had a different background and stories. In other words, this is a parallel world or other world.

She pauses for a minute, then she stops writing. There was no hope that could be found in her eyes. Her face can't even be described because of her sadness and longing.