Chapter 47: How Ruthless

The sight of him clenching his teeth while staring at me instills fear in me. His eyes bore into my very soul. For a moment, I thought he might devour me.

Did I just go into the tiger's lair? No, perhaps I am digging my own grave.

"Listen here," I said. "I was being Honest, alright? I simply want to head straight home. Grace must be close to finishing with my luggage."

"What if I were to disagree?" Ray retorted.

"Ray, don't forget that your father's consent is what I need." I glared back at him with my crimson eyes, matching his fierceness. "I don't need to require permission from his son, especially when his father has already approved."

"That 'son' you refer to is not just a mere 'son,' but also your fiancé." He coldly replied.

"So what? I don't see the necessity for mutual agreement."

He fell silent, speechless. And that silence was deafening.

I continued walking while their eyes followed me as I approached the door. My back tensed up as I noticed their gaze.

As my hand touched the doorknob, a sudden sharp pain shot through my leg, intense like a needle piercing the muscles within my joint. The agony spread through the veins of my left side, rendering me immobile; couldn't move my legs at all.

The physician rushed towards me when she noticed me flinching in pain, but her reaction was slow.

I lost my balance, desperately trying to grip onto something, but the slippery doorknob only resulted in my backside hitting the floor.

The searing pain intensified in my uncomfortable posture, rendering me unable to move.

Tears welled up in my eyes with my body shivering in cold sweat as I saw Ray standing near me, doing nothing but looking at me pathetically.

H-He's looking down at me... How could he?

He didn't save me or even extend a hand to support me from falling.

"Young miss, please don't worry, it's alright now." The physician tried to console me, properly aligning my numb legs and providing a gentle massage.

When my eyes inadvertently glanced back at Ray, his grin deepened without a hint of concern or worry.

"Will that be sufficient for you to stay here longer?"

Cold, heartless, and a psychopath. At that moment, an idea struck me. Before killing any leading character in this world, I will bury him 10 feet beneath the ground first.

◇◆◇

"...This is really bad, young miss. It will cause a bruise on your calf." The clinic's physician urged Sabrina to stay a little longer, but Sabrina's face, stained with dry tears, remained solemn.

"Never treat an Elsteel member as if we lack a doctor in our place."

"But I heard that the house of Elsteel doesn't have a doctor on their estate?" Ray mockingly interjected.

Sabrina, not bothering to face him, replied, "Perhaps you forgot that the 4th prince is still in our house. We also have a royal physician there."

Silence followed, a deafening one. Sabrina had already stopped sobbing, and the pain had subsided. Only her tear-streaked face remained.

"Ms. physician, would you mind escorting me to my family's carriage?"

"I can't guarantee there won't be any more pain after this....."

"It's fine. The pain wasn't the reason I cried; it was because of someone who watched me suffer in agony and sorrow. How cold." She responded without mentioning a name, but her eyes rolled as she glanced at Ray. Slowly, she then stood up with the physician's assistance.

The two of them left the room, with Ray left behind, staring at them emotionlessly as they walked away from the room.

◇◆◇

Grace was taken aback as she looked at me. She couldn't believe what had happened, as the physician had told her since I hadn't planned to.

I bid them farewell, along with the two butlers. Rehecard and Sherly were also present.

Before closing the carriage door, I turned to Sherly and suggested, "If you wish to have a delightful tea time with me, then don't invite me to this mansion."

I signaled Grace to shut the door. I didn't even bother to look at their surprised expression.

The physician provided me with more ointment and some mint. Rehecard offered me tea for relaxation, and Sherly gifted me a fancy hand fan, which I gladly accepted.

Ray wasn't there to bid me goodbye. He truly is cold, not even bothering to wave goodbye to his fiancée.

As the coachmen whipped the reins, the carriage set off, and I waved goodbye to them with my fake smile.

"What happened, young miss? I can't believe you let that happen to you! You were so strong when you punished me, but all this happened because of a sprain?"

Grace kept bombarding me with questions, nagging until I burst into a yell that startled the coachmen outside the carriage.

To calm me down, Grace massaged my legs with the ointment infused with mint, providing a refreshing sensation.

"Grace... Why is the carriage so bumpy? I can't sleep like this."

"The road must be full of rocks, young miss."

That made sense. Looking through the glasses of the door, now that we were out of the Bourghess estate, the surroundings appeared to be a lush green forest.

Ah, I wished I could have a picnic in this place.

"What time will we reach my house?"

Grace swallowed her dry saliva nervously, looking puzzled.

"I don't know the location of your house, young miss."

I felt the same as her—confused. I never got to visit Sabrina's house, and I couldn't even remember it. And Grace had been locked in the temple as well.

Now, I felt anxious.

What if the coachmen were taking us to other places like in the movies I've seen?

My heart pounded rapidly, and I turned pale, realizing that we were in the middle of a forest— a place where secrets and murders were concealed.

"Young miss?" Grace seemed to notice my change in complexion.

"What if the coachmen kidnapped me?"

A visible question mark appeared beside her as she found my question perplexing.

"This carriage has your house's seal, and the horses do too. The coachmen also wear a crest badge on their uniform." She explained, putting my worries to rest. It must have been due to exhaustion and the pain. I pulled my legs back and laid them on the seat.

Gradually, my eyelids grew heavy, and I leaned my head against Grace's shoulder. When she noticed, she guided my head to her lap.

"Take a nap," Grace whispered.

As my vision blurred, it slowly faded to black.