Chapter 28: A Dream

“M-miss Sabrina.... I-I’m sorry b-but, I couldn't stop the execution.....”

On the outskirts of the city, Leanne, the female lead of the story said as tears rolled down on her cheeks.

Her voice trembled as she said that in front of Sabrina— the villainess who will be beheaded today.

The voice of the crowd, the voice of the onlookers, they were praising how kind Leanne is.

She was so kind that even before the death of Sabrina, she still had some words to say for her.

“.....” 

Sabrina who lost her tongue and couldn't talk because of the punishments and torture she had, she just glared menacely to Leanne.

In the end, the scenario is just meant to be played.

Sabrina was the villainess after all, and Leanne was the female lead.

Sabrina who has the role of ‘Villainess’ in the story, she did all bad things that's why ‘She deserved it.’

Leanne, having the role of ‘Female Lead’ she was kind because she was the main character. Everything is in favor to her. Because she's kind. That's all.

Her sentence towards Sabrina, it was genuine. It was true. She has no ill intent nor mock Sabrina.

Because Leanne was ‘kind’— she was the female lead.

“Tsk.” 

Kyle Casper, the male lead, clicked his tongue looking at her loved once, Leanne who was talking to Sabrina.

“Stop it Leanne. Just let this bitch die.” 

“B-But! ...... You can't just say that to her!”

“What? You're still kind to her although this bitch Sabrina tried to kill you a ton of times?”

Sabrina, looking at them arguing, ‘I don't deserve this. I'm bad. I know it. But to come this way.... All those bad things I did aren't that worse...’ She said with her mind.

That's true.

....Because Sabrina isn't the only villainess.

Sabrina with her legs and hands tightly tied from a chain was ready to be beheaded.

On the stage, her eyes were blank. She was ready to die.

As the crowd looking at her starts to count.....

3...

2...

1....

A sharp axe cuts through her neck as her body falls down on the ground lifelessly.

Sabrina's head was separated from her body.

Though some of the people sympathize on how ‘Cruel’ the punishment is, the crowd was happy that finally, Sabrina— the villainess died.

◇◆◇

It's cold.

‘.... A dream?’

The tiles I was sleeping on were cold.

As I raised my body, the moon’s light was shining brightly outside.

No, I was outside. In the back of the temple, I was there alone.

There was no light and it's dark.

On the tiles alone, I hugged my knee looking at the empty space in front of me.

“No one is looking for me... Huh?”

After running away from that room where I had a meeting with that kid Ray, I ran and headed towards this place.

Then.... I fainted.

I felt very tired that time, even more than fatigue, and because I ran, I collapsed immediately at this place.

“Where are they? Are they not really coming for me?” I whispered to myself.

Sabrina's brother, Damuel and my maid, Grace..... Aren't they supposed to look for me...?

Or was it because I'm not worthy to look for?

“Sigh.”

Can't be helped, I'm Sabrina in the end.

I remembered that there was a scene in the novel where Sabrina played hide and seek with the kids at the imperial hall.

Sabrina was happy. She hides joyfully.... And at the end... No one came to search for her.

That day, a new thorn was made in her heart but she was just a kid, so she just smiled and let it go.

That's why in the next day, Sabrina decided that she'll be the one who counts the number and her friends will hide.

Sabrina counted from 1-100 to wait for them to say “Start” so that Sabrina will start to search for them, but when Sabrina's count starts to go 1260, she stopped. She knew at that time what happened.

No one wants to play with her.

“No one looks for me, so I'll sleep here again.”

Sleep until I'm awake from this dream. This endless dream.