|1|hawkins, indiana

"Hey are you the new girl?"

Leah's pov

I'm sitting in my car, driving to our new home in Hawkins, Indiana. "This is gonna be fun Leah!" My mom says. I just nod my head and smile. I had to leave everything to come here. I slowly feel myself falling asleep.

When I wake up, I see our new house. It was in the suburbs, with white outside and a brown wooden door. There were brown shutters by every window. I walk inside and it was like a normal house. There was some whiteish greenish wallpaper and some wooden tile floors.

We started hauling our stuff inside. I walk to my new room. It had wooden walls with beige carpet. I started to unpack my things. I set up my bed and my dresser, put all my clothes away. I then grab my pictures and start setting them up.

I look over my room. It looks nice, maybe this place isnt gonna be so bad. I walk to my living room, where my mom and dad are setting up. "Have you set your room up?" My dad asks me. "Yup" I reply. "Suppers gonna be ready soon" my mom says from the kitchen.

I go back to my room and grab a tennis ball. I lay on my bed and start throwing it up and down. After a few throws my mom calls me from downstairs telling me that suppers ready.

I walk down the stairs to the table. On the table theres some macaroni and cheese. "Leah are you excited to go to school tomorrow?" Mom asks me. "Yeah" I say shoving a spoonful of macaroni in my mouth.

"Dont stress out honey. You'll make friends" dad tells me. We continue having small talk for the rest of supper. After I finish I tell my parents goodnight and I go to bed.

I wake up to the sound of my alarm. I have to go to school. I get dressed and brush my teeth. Mom hands me my backpack as I'm walking through the door. "Have a good day honey!" She tells me.

I hop on my bike and start riding to the school. When I get there I park my bike in the rack and walk in. I go see the principal who shows me where my locker is. As I'm pushing my backpack into the locker, four boys come up to me. "Hey are you the new girl?" A boy with black hair says.

"Yeah I'm leah" I reply. "I'm mike" the boy says. "This is dustin, will and Lucas" he says pointing to a boy with curly hair. A boy with a brown bowl cut. And a boy with frizzy hair. "Hey" I say. "Do you want us to show you where our first hour is? We have Science" Dustin says. "Thatd be nice" I say.

We walk to the class and the boys all sit down. Lucas points to a spot next to him. I sit by him and he smiles. "Hey leah, do you play Dungeons and Dragons?" Will asks me. I nod. "I played with my friends back in Illinois" I tell him. "We have a game planned out that we are gonna play sunday. You should come over" Mike says. "Its at mikes house, I can write down the address for you" Lucas says.

I hang out with them for the rest of the day. When I get home my parents ask about everything that happened. "Theres these 4 boys that are in my class and they play dungeons and dragons too! They invited me to play at there house on Sunday" I tell them.

"Well i suppose that would be alright. Just no funny business leah! If I find out anything happened you're gonna be grounded for a month" my mom warns me. "Dont worry mom, we're playing d+d nothing will happen" I tell them. Now I just have to make it to sunday.

A/n - sorry if this chapter is boring lol. Its gonna get into the storyline next chapter <3

682 words