|47| The Winning Shot

"Oh my God, Lucas!"

"I just did that"

●●●●●

Leah was sat on the bleachers next to Chrssy Cunningham in her cheer costume, waiting for the game to start. Her ears were being filled by the voice of Tammy Thompson singing the national anthem (leah thought her ears were gonna bleed after the 'high note')

"How desperate were they for a singer?" Leah jokingly whispers to the blonde beside her.

"Very" Chrissy quietly laughs. "Which one is your boyfriend?"

"Lucas" Leah answers looking over at the boy.

"Hes a sweet kid" Chrissy compliments.

"I'll tell him you said that" Leah smiles at her.

When the game is almost over, Leah sees Lucas taking his jacket off. Lucas was playing! Lucas looked at his girlfriend with a huge smile on his face, which she returned.

The scores were bouncing back between the guest team and the Tigers.

After a huddle, the ball goes straight to Lucas, and hes on the halfcourt as times running out. He looks around nervously, then jumps, and shoots. It goes into the basket, winning the championship.

Leah jumps up from Joy as the basketball team surrounds him. She and the rest of the cheer team surround them, and Leah goes to the middle with him.

"Oh my God, Lucas" She smiles, hugging him.

"I just did that" He says in disbelief.

"You just won the championship!" Leah yells happily.

A couple of the boys lift Lucas as the whole gym starts chanting his name.

Lucas and Leah are hand in hand walking happily down the sidewalk. The other party members leave through the other door, cheering for their game.

Lucas gets a sad look on his face. "I'll be right back" Leah tells him, walking up to the others.

She stops in front of them, glaring them down.

"What?" Mike asks, completely dumbfounded.

"You missed Lucas's game! He got the winning shot, you know!" Leah says angrily. "He really wanted you guys there"

"I'm sorry, Leah" Dustin says.

"Better tell him that" Leah orders, turning back around to go find her boyfriend again.

A/n

This chapter is rlly short lmao

354 words