|34| The Latest Victim

"Who made you do it?"

"I don't know. Its like a shadow"

♤♤♤♤♤

The teens came up with their master plan to decide wether or not Billy was a new host the familiar monster.

So there they were, in the pool parking lot, overlooking the man in question.

"I don't know. He looks pretty normal to me" Max says, looking through a pair of binoculars.

"Normal? How many times have you seen him with a shirt on?" Lucas asks, getting a small laugh from Leah.

"I mean, its a little weird" Max agrees.

"More than a little. He was in a tub with ice. The Mind Flayer likes it cold" Mike points out. "Plus everthing else-"

"But hes lounging at the pool, which is like, the least Mind Flayer thing ever" Max argues.

"Not neccessarily" Will says, making everyone turn his head at him. "The Mind Flayer likes to hide. He only used me when he needed me. Its like... you're dormant. And then, when he needs you, you're activated"

"Ok, so we just wait until he gets activated" Max states.

"No. What if he hurts someone?" Mike asks wearily.

"Or kills someone" Will adds.

"We can't take that chance" Mike finishes. "We need to find out if hes the host"

"Where are you going?" Asked Max, as Mike started to walk off.

"I have an idea. Boys only" Mike says. Lucas kisses Leah on the cheek and says a quiet apology and runs off.

"Seriously!?" Max yells.

"Just trust me on this one!" Mike yells back, a slight crack on the 'me'

After Mike told the girls the plan, they started to grab the items needed. Leah went with El to look for a dummy to place in the sauna.

El soon found one and held it as Mike came in saying, "i found the breakers!" Then he took a look at the dummy in his Ex-girlfriends hands. "Woah. That thing is super creepy"

He takes it from her. "I think this'll work" he says confidently. "Right, buddy?" He asks the dummy.

"Right, Mike!" He answers himself in a high pitched voice. El dosen't say a word and takes it back, walking out of the room, Leah following her.

When the time finally came, the teens were hiding in the locker room, waiting for Billy to get out of the shower. Leah felt around the dark for Lucas's hand and took it in her own.

Once Billy got out of the shower and mostly dressed (because nobody wanted to see that) Mike started scraping and pounding on the walls.

"Pools closed" Billy said from his locker, but the noises continued.

"Hey!" He yells and slams his locker door shut. "Do you hear me? Pool is closed!"

The lights flicker off and Mike starts to call for him in a high-pitched voice.

"Billy!" He says in a sing-song voice.

"Whos there?" Billy asks, using the same mannerisms.

Mike and Billy go on for a while, but thats when Billy finally opens the sauna door.

"What the hell?" He says quietly to himself.

"Behind you" Mike says into the walkie talkie.

He turns around and El is standing there "hi"

And she cracks him into the wall.

"Now!" Mike yells and everyone comes piling out of the closet.

Will and Mike secure the door while Leah turns up the temperature to as high as it can go.

"Max" he says quietly, gazing upon his sister. "Max! Let me out of here!" Billy screams as the temperature rises.

"You kids... you think is funny? You kids think this is some sick prank huh?" He spits onto the window. "You little shits think is funny?" He yells.

He yells for a while longer, but then he sits down and screams.

"We're at 220" Will states, reffering to the temperature.

Theirs crying heard from the other side of the door. "Its not my fault. Its not my fault. Its not my fault, Max. I promise you its not my fault" Billy cries as Max walks slowly to the door.

"Whats not your fault, Billy?" Max asks quietly.

"I've done things, Max. Really... bad things. I didn't mean to. He made me do it" Billy cries, getting quieter and quieter.

"Who made you do it?" Max asks the crying boy on the other side of the door.

"I don't know. Its like a shadow" Billy says, just above a whisper. Those words, those 4 words confirmed the worst case scenario. The Mind Flayer was back, and he was taking more victims. The teens exhange a worried look, and Lucas tightens his grip on Leahs hand.

"What did he make you do?" Max asks.

"Its not my fault, Max! Please! Please believe me, Max. Its not my fault" Billy cries.

Max starts to cry "Billy its gonna be okay" she says, voice cracking. And puts a hand on the glass.

"I feel him" Will stammers, his hand on his neck. "Hes activated"

"Max, get away from the door" Mike says quietly.

"What?" The red-head asks, turning around.

"Get away from the door!" Mike yells quickly as Billy breaks through the glass yelling.

"Let me out you bitch! Let me out!" He starts screaming and pounding on the door. "I'll fucking gut you!"

He grabs the metal pipe that was holding the door closed and opens it. Lucas quickly lets go of Leah's hand, grabs his wrist rocket, and hits Billy in the forehead. He goes falling back onto the floor. "Max, come on!" He yells as the startled girl runs towards the rest of the group.

The lights start flickering, and everyone is looking around nervously. Billy starts yelling and the flickering increases in intensity, and Billy is running up to the door, trying to knock it over.

"He can't get out can he?" Max asks.

"No way" Lucas says, trying to reassure her, though he wasn't sure himself.

About 5 seconds later, Billy comes tumbling out of the sauna, veins all popping, and stands before Eleven.

She lifts a dumbell with her powers and pushes Billy into the wall. She lets out screams and yells as she pushes the dumbell to his neck. The dumbell breaks, and Billy runs and grabs Els hair.

He gives the teens a terrifying stare, and starts to choke Eleven. He lifts her up, but she dosent go down with out a fight. She starts kicking, screaming, trying to pry his hands off of her.

All the teens watch in horror as Eleven face turns red. Mike hits Billy in the head with a metal bar with a yell. "Go to tell you peice of shit!" Mike yells, but just as he almost hits him again, Billy's up, and he starts to back Mike into the wall.

But before Billy gets to him, he starts floating. Eleven. Billy lets out a scream, and so does El. She slams him into the wall, breaking it, causing Billy to go outside.

Mike and El fall to the ground. Lucas and Leah just hold each other. Mike and Max do nothing but stand their, faces pale as a ghost from what they'd just seen.

Everyone watches as Billy runs away into the field. No one wanted to admit it, but they all felt an ounce of remorse for Billy. No one should have to go through that, even racist dickwads like Billy.