|38| Control

"I hope she does. This shit needs to be done with once and for all"

"Third times the charm, right?"

••••••••

"It can't be good for her to be in there this long" Mike says dreadfully as he paces around the carpeted floor of the cabin.

"Mike, you need to chill" Max says.

"I'm sure shes fine, Mike. Just sit down" Leah tells the still pacing boy.

"What if she gets brain damage or something?" Mike asks.

"Oh shit" Lucas says softly. "Is that like a real thing?"

"No, its not. He made it up" Max answers him.

"Hes just stressed about his girlfriend" Leah says, flashing a small smile to Lucas.

"She could be in danger!" Mike says anxiously.

"Mike. For the last time, shes fine in there" Leah tells him.

"No. No. Somethings wrong" Mike argues.

"You do realize shes trying to find like 7 people right?" Leah asks. "They could be in all different places, so shes looking in all those different places"

"Shes been in there for an hour. An hour! Shes never gone in there for that long! Its normally just a couple minutes" Mike says, his pacing seemingly getting faster.

"Mike just sit the hell down" Max tells him, but he just shakes his head.

"Shes not safe! She has to stop!" The frantic boy answers.

"Leah. Come here. Mike bring your ass over here, too" Max tells them while walking to Nancy and Jonathan.

"Who do you think should decide El's limits?" She asks the couple. "Mike or Eleven?"

"The way that you frame that is such bullshit!" Mike answers.

"Its not bullshit! You were just pacing around over there saying shit like 'she needs to stop! Shes gonna get brain damage!'" Leah mocks him. "Were you not?"

"Because I'm worried about my girlfriend?" Mike asks in disbelief.

"Shes not your girlfriend! She dumped your ass Michael" Max yells at the boy.

"El dumped you?" Nancy asks in shock.

"Yes, because Max and Leah are conspiring against me!" Mike whines to his older sister. "Their corrupting her!"

"No, enlightening her" Max corrects, rolling her eyes.

"Because all she thought about was you!  She was scared to be away from you, she eats, sleeps, drinks, and breathes you! She needed a break!" Leah yells.

"Shes not yours. She is completely in charge of making her own decisions!" Max adds on.

"Shes risking her life for no reason!" Mike insists.

"For no reason?" Nancy asks. "Mike, the flayed are out there doing God knows what"

"Killing, flaying" Lucas lists off while counting with his fingers.

"Transforming into monsters" Will adds on.

"And El's not stupid" Nancy tells her angry looking brother. "She knows her abilities better than any of us"

"Exactly. Thank you" Max says, happy that Nancy was on their side.

"And she is her own person"

"Exactly"