|42| The Living Wound

"My leg. My leg"

●●●●●

Eleven stood on the mall balcony, looking down at Steve, Robin, Dustin, and Erica after she had killed some men that were coming after them with a car.

The others quickly made their way to the girl, and gazed upon the four. Leah couldn't help but notice how beat up Robin and Steve were.

They made their way downstairs, and Dustin ran to them laughing, "You flung that car like a hot wheel!" And gave the girl and Mike a hug.

"Lucas?" Erica asks.

"What are you doing here?" Lucas asks his little sister.

"Ask them" She points to Steve and Robin. "It's their fault"

"True, yeah" Steve admits. "Totally true. Absolutely our fault"

"I don't understand what happened to that car" Robin says worriedly.

"El has superpowers" Dustin says nonchalantly.

"I'm sorry?" Robin asks.

"She has superpowers. She threw it with her mind" Steve explains. "C'mon, catch up"

"That's El?" Erica asks.

"Who's El?" Robin questions.

"I'm sorry, who are you?" Nancy asks Robin.

"I'm Robin. I work with Steve" Robin answers.

"She cracked the top secret code" Dustin explains.

"Yeah, which is how we found out about the Russians" Steve says.

"Russians?" Leah asks with her arms crossed.

"The Russians!" Steve answers, pointing to the bodies on the floor.

"Those were Russians?" Max asks in disbelief.

"Some of them" Erica answers.

"What are you talking about?" Lucas asks anxiously.

"Didn't you hear our code red?" Dustin asks.

"Yeah" Mike answers. "Couldn't understand half of what you were saying"

"Goddamn low battery" Dustin complains.

"How many times do I have to tell you with the low battery?" Steve says, claping his hands.

"Well, everything worked out didn't it?" Dustin sasses.

"Worked out?" Erica repeats. "We almost died!"

"Yeah, but we didn't, did we?" Dustin asks.

"It was pretty damn close" Steve adds.

"Okay, Russians?" Lucas asks, still taking it in. "As in, their working for the Russian government?"

"What are you not comprehending" Dustin asks, annoyed. "Am I not speaking English? We have a full blown Red Dawn situation"

"So this has nothing to do with the gate?" Max asks.

"It has everything to do with the gate..." Dustin trails off as Eleven falls to the ground. Mike and Leah are the first ones to her.

"El?" Leah asks. "What is it?"

"My leg. My leg" She answers.

"Her leg. Her leg, okay" Jonathan says quickly, taking the napkins off of her wound.

It had gotten worse. It was swollen and and full of puss. Everyone let out a sound of disgust when the blood filled napkin was removed.

Then, something started moving. Something alive was in Elevens leg.

"Holy shit" Leah whispers.

El starts screaming, and Mike was calling her name.

"El? Are you okay?" He asks.

Will looks like hes gonna cry as Eleven lets out a blood curling scream.

She starts sobbing and screaming because of the pain shes feeling in her leg.

"What is that?" Erica asks in disgust.

"Theres something in there" Mike says, stating the obvious.

"Jesus Christ" Dustin says.

"Keep her talking, keep her awake, okay?" Jonathan orders, running off somewhere.

"Stay awake, El. Come on" Leah begs her friend as her eyes start to close.

"Flip her on this side" Mike says as Leah gently pulls El into Mike's arms.

"You know, its actually not that bad. There was uh, the goalie on my soccer team, Beth Wildfire, this other girl slid into her leg and the bone came out of her knee" Robin says quickly, trying to help the situation. "Six inches or something, it was insane"

"Robin" Steve says.

"Yeah?"

"You're not helping" He tells her.

"I'm sorry" The girl apologizes.

Jonathan runs back with a wooden spoon and a knife.

"Okay, El?" He asks. "This is gonna hurt like hell, okay?"

"Okay" the telekinetic girl sobs.

"I need you to stay really still" Jonathan tells her. "Here" he says, handing her the wooden spoon, "You're gonna wanna bite down on this, okay?"

Jonathan starts to make the incision into the growing wound, Eleven letting out a scream.

Jonathan reaches his glove covered finger slowly into the cut, making Eleven and all the others groan. Will was crying, and Leah grabbed onto Lucas's hand.

"Jonathan!" Nancy yells.

"Stop talking!" The boy yells.

"No! Stop it!" Eleven screams. "I can do it"

She puts her hand right above the incision the older Byers boy had made. She screams as the creature slowly gravitates towards the top.

With a sudden snap, the glass window behind them burts, glass flying everywhere as Lucas brings Leah into a hug, turning her away.

The slug-like monster finally gets out, and Eleven flings it away from her. A sudden stomp echoes through the building, and they turn their heads to see Hopper, Joyce and a guy that Leah had never seen before.

A/n

This scene physically pains me to watch tbh

822 words