|22| Planning

"Oh my god. None of this makes sense. Its a kids game"

"No, its a manual. And its not for kids"

Leahs pov

As we sit around the table, waiting for Will to wake up, Hopper calls the lab.

"Owens. Dr Owens." He says.

"I dont know how many people are there! I dont know how many people are left alive!" He yells into the phone.

"Have you contacted the police?" I hear the voice on the other side say.

"I am the police! Chief Jim Hopper!" He yells back.

"Is there a number I can reach you at?" The other voice asks.

"Yes, the number that I gave you yes" he says.

"6767 I will be here" He says as he hangs up the phone.

"They didn't believe you did they?" Dustin asks.

"We'll see" Hopper answers.

"We'll see? We can't just sit here while those things are loose!" Mike says angrily.

"We stay here, and we wait for help" Hopper says sternly, and walks away.

"How is your arm feeling?" Mike asks me.

"Its fine" I respond. "Who put the bandage on?"

"Joyce. She said you don't have to go to the hospital, you should be fine" Dustin answers as I nod my head.

Mike suddenly stands up and grabs a blue box with white stripes around it off the table.

"Did you guys know that Bob was the original founder of Hawkins AV?" He asks.

"Really?" Lucas asks.

"He petitioned the school to start it and everything. Then he had a fundraiser for equipment. Mr. Clarke learned everything from him." Mike says. "Pretty awesome right?"

"Yeah" we all agree as Mike sets the blue box on the kitchen table.

"We can't let him die in vain" Mike says.

"Well, what do you want to do Mike?" Dustin asks angrily. "The chiefs right on this. We can't stop those Demo-dogs on our own"

"Demo-dogs?" Max asks with a small smile.

"Demogorgon. Dogs. Demodogs" He says while intertwining his hands together. "Its like a compound. Its like a play on words-"

"Jesus Christ Dustin we get it" I interrupt him, annoyed.

"I mean, when it was just Dart, maybe..." dustin trails off.

"But theres an army now" lucas finishes for him.

"Precisely" Dustin agrees.

"His army" mike says.

"What do you mean?" Steve asks quickly.

"His army" Mike says again, louder this time. "Maybe if we stop him, we can stop his army, too"

Mike grabs the paper with the monster on it.

"The shadow monster" Dustin says.

"It got Will that day on the field" Mike says. "The doctor said it was like a virus, it infected him"

"And so this virus, its connecting him to the tunnels?" Max asks.

"And to the monsters, the upside down-" I trail off.