|55| Watergate

"Stay down"

●●●●●●●

The group had gone by Skull Rock and talked to Eddie. Now they were in Steve Harrington's car, looking for a supposed gate because of Dustin's compass being messed up again.

The kids jumped out of the car as Dustin was watching his compass go completely haywire. "I think we're getting close" Dustin calls out.

They were on the edge of Lover's Lake when Eddie said "This is where Patrick died"

Leah didn't know Patrick that well but he was always nice to her and Lucas, his death made her a little sad.

"You gotta be shitting me" Steve says, looking out upon the lake.

"There's a gate in Lover's Lake?" Max asks.

"Whenever the demogorgon attacked, it always left an opening. Maybe Vecna's the same way" Nancy recalls.

"Yeah, only one way to fund out" Steve says dreadfully.

And that's how Lucas, Max, Leah, and Dustin ended up on watch as Eddie, Nancy, Steve, and Robin rowed away on a small boat to find a gate at the bottom of the lake.

"They're stopping" Lucas points out, looking through his binoculars at the group on the boat. "What are they stopping for?"

Dustin picks up his walkie talkie and clicks down the button, "Guys, what's going on?", getting silence in return. "Come on guys. Talk to me.

"Uh, Dustin your compass has gone from wonky to wonky with a capital 'Aah!'" Robin says.

"When'd Steve get so hairy?" Lucas asks, his face recoiling.

"I know right?" Dustin asks. "I told him he needs to tame that jungle but he claims the ladies dig it"

"Let me see" Leah says, taking the binoculars from Lucas.

She sees a shirtless Steve jump into the cold lake. "Shit, he just jumped in"

"You know, if there's a gate down there, it's technically a water gate" Dustin points out, getting headphones from everyone besides Leah who smiles with him.

"Water gate!" He chuckles.

"Come on Steve, come on" Dustin whispers, looking into the binoculars.

There's a flash of light behind them as Lucas grabs Leah's hand and brings her down. "Down by the water!" A police officer screams.

"Stay down" Lucas orders the group.

They duck down behind a log as the officers go down to the dock.

They begin running as officers take them down, Max and Leah are the last ones before the sheriff and his partner get them.

Shit.

A/n

This chapters pretty short but I want the whole officer/light thing to be separate lmao

441 words