|40| The Deep Cut

"That dosen't look like a bowl"

"Nah, its way better"

●●●●●●

After Nancy pulled into the Mart parking lot and threw a brick through the window, Leah and Mike helped Eleven through it. They walked through the ailses, looking for things to help heal her leg with.

Nancy grabbed some rubbing alcohol and gauze pads. "Lay her down" She told the two teens holding Eleven.

They layed their injured friend on the ground, and Leah got a sudden feeling of fear. What if Eleven is too hurt that she can't fight anymore? Leah pushed those thoughts away. There was more she had to worry about and that was helping Eleven.

"Let me see" Nancy says softly, rolling up Eleven's pant leg, revealing a nasty cut, blood oozing out of it at the freedom of air.

It was a bad cut. There was two holes where its teeth had cut into it, veins turning visible around them.

"Woah. Woah. What are you doing?" Max asks Nancy, who was getting gauze pads out of the box.

"Cleaning her wound?" Nancy said matter of factly.

"No, first, we need to stop the bleeding" Max orders. "Then clean, then disinfect, then bandage"

Nancy and Jonathan give her an unsure look.

"I skateboard. Trust me" She pleas.

"Mike hold this" She tells him, signalling to the gauze pad on Eleven's leg. As soon as he puts his hand down, Eleven lets out a groan. "Keep the pressure on it. Nice and firm, okay?"

Leah holds out her hand for Eleven to hold, and she takes no time grabbing it, Eleven squeezes down on it, every time theirs a new jolt of pain. Normally, Leah would've slapped the hand away, but this was Eleven, with a basically open leg.

Lucas dumped out the contents of his bag, getting a confused look from Max and Leah.

"Does any of this help?" Lucas asks. Oh my God he's adorable, Leah thought as Eleven squeezed her hand again.

"No" Max answered. "Go get me a washcloth and a bowl"

"A bowl?" Lucas questions.

"Lucas" Max says annoyedly, as him and Will turn away, leaving Max, Leah, Mike and Eleven.

"Leah, come with me to see what Lucas and Will are up to" Max tells her. Leah gives El's hand one last squeeze and stands up, following her friend.

"That doesn't look like a bowl" Max says, seeing Lucas and Will looking at fireworks.

"Nah, its way better" Lucas laughs. "There is a reason this is labeled 18 or older"

"What does this have to do with El's leg?" Leah asks impatiently.

"Nothing. But it'll help us with the Mind Flayer. This sucker is filled with 150 grains of black powder. AKA gunpowder" Lucas says, throwing the box to Leah. "Strap two of these things together, and its bigger than a M-80. Five of them, we've got ourselves a stick of dynamite"

"You wanna kill that thing with fireworks?" Max questions skeptically.

"Do you have a better idea?" Lucas asks.

"Uh, yeah, Eleven" Max answers.

"Against that thing? Shes gonna need backup" Lucas defends.

"Oh my god" Max sighs and walks away, Leah following her.

"How do you date him?" Max laughs.

"I don't know" Leah shrugs with a smile as they make their way back to Eleven.

A/n

Im sooo excited to write the mall chaptersss

558 words