|8| looparound

"Do you think shes acting weird?"

"Did you just ask if the weirdo was acting weird?"

"Stop calling her a weirdo"

Leahs pov

We are walking down the old train tracks following mike and el. Me, lucas and Dustin are walking together. "How much further?" Lucas asks. "I dont know. This tells direction, not distance" dustin says. "You really need to learn your compasses, lucas" i laugh.

"Im just saying, how do we know when we get to the gate?" Lucas asks. "Uh, i think a portal to another dimension is gonna be pretty obvious" dustin sighs. Lucas just sighs and looks back at mike and el. I look behind me soon after. "Do you think shes acting weird?" Lucas asks us.

"Youre asking if the weirdo is acting weird?" Dustin asks. "Stop calling her a weirdo" i say. "Whatever" lucas says. "I mean, weirder than normal?" He asks. "I dont know, who cares?" Dustin asks.

After walking a little ways more, we find an old junk yard. We continue walking up the road when dustin says "oh no" "'oh no' what do you mean 'oh no'?" Lucas asks. "We're headed back home" dustin says. "What?" We all ask. "Are you sure?" Lucas asks. "Yeah, im sure. Setting sun, right there. We looped back around" dustin says.

"And youre just realizing this now?" Lucas asks angrily. "Why is this all on me?" Dustin asks. "Youre the one who got all 'the magnetic fields are breaking and we're gonna find the gate'!" I yell. "What do yours say?" Dustin asks. We all grab our compasses and say "north".

"Makes no damn sense" dustin says. "Maybe the gate moved" mike suggests. "No, i dont think its the gate. I- i think its something else screwing with the compasses" dustin says. "Maybe its something here" mike says. I see lucas turn around and look at el. "Lucas dont do anything dumb" i whisper.

He completely ignores me and says "its not a magnet. Shes been acting weirder than normal, if she can slam doors with her mind, she can definitely screw up a compass" lucas says. "Why would she do that?" Mike asks. "Because shes trying to sabotage our mission. Because shes a traitor!" Lucas yells.

Lucas walks closer to her and grabs her arm. "Fresh blood. I knew it!" Lucas yells. He pushes mikes arm away. "Lucas come on!" Mike yells. "I saw her wiping her nose on the tracks! She was using her powers!" Lucas yells. "Bull! Thats old blood right el?" Mike asks. El starts crying. "Its.. not... its not safe" el says.

"What did i tell you? Shes been playing us from the beginning!" Lucas yells. "Thats not true! She helped us find Will!" Mike yells back. "Find Will? Find Will? Where is he then? Huh? I dont see him!" Lucas yells. "You know what i mean" mike says. "No actually, i dont. Just think about it, Mike. She couldve just told us where the upside down wad right away, but she didnt. She just made us run around like headless chickens." Lucas yells.

"Alright, calm down!" Dustin yells stepping in between them. "No! She used us. All of us!" Lucas yells. "Lucas stop!" I yell. "No! She used us so she got what she wanted, food and a bed!" Lucas yells. "Screw you lucas!" Mike yells. "No, screw you mike. Youre blind, blind because you like that a girls not grossed out by you! But wake up man! Wake the hell up! She knows where Will is, and now shes letting him die in the upside down" lucas says.

"Shut up!" Mike yells. "For all we know, its her fault" lucas says. "Shut up" mike says again. "We're looking for some stupid monster, but did you ever stop to think that shes the monster?" Lucas asks. "I said shut up!" Mike says and starts wrestling lucas. "Stop it you dumbasses!" I yell. "Knock it off you idiots" dustin says.

They keep wrestling, then el screams and lucas goes flying into a piece of scrap. "Lucas!" I yell and run to him. We all start shaking him. "Are you alright?" Mike asks. "Wake up lucas!" I yell. "Why would you do that? Whats wrong with you? What is wrong with you?" Mike yells to el.

Lucas finally wakes up and i hug him. "How many fingers am i holding up?" Dustin asks. "Let me see your head" mike says. Lucas slaps his hand away. "Get off of me!" He yells. "Lucas, lucas please let me see" mike says as lucas stands up. He starts running off and i start to follow him. "Let mike help you. Please" i beg him. "No, leah. He chose a monster over us. Now leave me alone" he says. I walk back over to mike and dustin. "Wheres el?" Mike asks.

"El? El? Eleven?" We all yell. This is a shitty situation.

818 words