|9| in a tree

"Isnt this place supposed to be an electric company?"

"Supposed to be"

Leahs pov

My mom shakes me awake "hey honey, dustin is here for you" she says. "Ok let me get ready" i say. I get out from under the covers and get changed. I brush my teeth, brush my hair and change my clothes. I go outside and meet dustin. "You couldnt have waited an extra hour" i yawn. "Nope" dustin smiles.

I grab my bike and hop on "where are we going?" I ask. "Mikes. We are gonna make lucas and him make up" he says. When we get to the Wheelers house we walk in the basement door. "I dont get why she didnt come back. She messed up the compasses because she wanted to protect us. She didnt betray us" mike says.

"Dude, calm down" i say. "I shouldnt have yelled at her. I never should have done that" mike continues. "Mike, this isnt your fault" dustin says. "Yeah, its lucas'" mike says. "I think its both of your fault. Lucas shouldnt have gotten as angry as he did, and you shouldnt have laid hands" i say.

"I guess" mike replies. "And el was too" dustin says. "Yeah. Yeah she was. She couldve just told us that it was dangerous instead of making us walk all that way" i agree. "All three of you were being a bunch of little assholes! Me and leah were the only reasonable ones. But the bottom line is, you pushed first" dustin says.

"And you know the rule, you draw first blood-" i begin before mike interrupts me "no! No way! Im not shaking his hand!" "Youre shaking his hand" dustin demands. "No im not" mike says. "This isnt a discussion, this is the rule of law" dustin says. Dustin goes and throws me my jacket and puts his on. "Where are we going?" Mike asks. "To get lucas" i reply.

We bike to his house and i knock on the door and his mom answers. "Hi there! You must be Leah!" She says. "Hi mrs Sinclair! Is lucas there?" I ask. "Yep hes in his room ill go get him" she says. "Oh and also could you please just tell him its only me?" I ask. She gives me a confused look and nods.

A couple seconds later lucas opens the door. "What do you want?" He asks. He notices mike and dustin. "No" he says and starts to shut the door. I keep it open with my hand. "Mike is here to apologize! Right mike?" I ask. He reluctantly nods his head and holds out his hand.

We go inside and lucas starts pacing in front of us. "Okay. Ill shake. On one condition. We forget the weirdo and go straight to the gate" lucas says. "Then the the deals off!" Mike says. "Fine!" Lucas says. "No, no, not fine! Guys seriously? Do you even remember what happened on the Bloodstone Pass?" Dustin asks. We all shrug our shoulders.

"We couldnt agree on which path to take, so we split up the party, and those trolls took us out one by one. And it all went to shit! And we were all disabled! So we stick together, no matter what!" Dustin says.

"Yeah, i agree. But this is the party rigjt here in this room" lucas says. "El is one of us now" mike says. "Um, no shes not! Not even close!" Lucas says. "She was trying to keep us safe! What she did was an accident" Mike says. "An accident?" Lucas asks. "All right, accident or not, admit it, it was a little awesome" dustin says.

"Awesome?" Lucas asks angrily. "Yeah, she threw you in the air with her mind!" Dustin says. "I could have been killed!" Lucas yells. "Which is exactly why we need her! Shes a weapon! Do you seriously wanna fight the demogorgon with your wrist rocket?" Mike asks.

"If you three wanna waste your time looking for a traitor, go ahead, cause im not spending my time on her anymore. No way! Im going to the gate. Im gonna find Will" lucas says. "Ill go with him to make sure he dosent end up killing himself" i whisper. "Lucas, ill go with you" i say. He smiles.

"Alright, where are we going?" I ask him as we walk out the door. "No clue" he says. We see a van pull up and the guy waves at us, we wave back and continue going. We went to the woods where Will disappeared. "We should keep going forward" i say. Lucas nods his head in agreement.

We keep walking and we come across some electrical fence. "Oh, man" lucas says. "We should find a tree we can climb up and look over" lucas says. "Yeah" i agree. We keep walking along the fence. Lucas' compass starts to freak out. "Somethings definitely going on in there" i say. We climb up the nearest tree and we get our binoculars.

We see people walking inside and a military truck going in. "Isnt this place supposed to be an electric company?" I whisper. "Supposed to be" lucas replies. I hear someone say "we need to find Eleven" i look over to lucas. We need to warn them.

880 words