|21| Discussions

"Mews? Whos Mews?"

"Dustins cat"

Leahs pov

Steve rips off a part of his shirt and wraps it around my arm.

"Thanks steve" i say.

"You're positive that it was Dart?" Lucas asks Dustin.

"Yes. He had the same exact yellow pattern on his butt" dustin answers, making me laugh a bit.

"He was tint two days ago" max says.

"Well, hes molted three times already" dustin says.

"Malted?" Steve asks.

"Molted. Shed his skin to make room for growth of hornworms.

"Whens he gonna molt again?" Max asks.

"Its gotta be soon" dustin says surely.

"Or maybe that dog looking thing it is now is its final form" i say.

"Theres that possibility. But if hes not already at his full form, hes gotta be really close to it. And so will his friends" dustin says.

"Yeah, and hes gonna eat more than just cats" steve says sarcastically.

"Wait, a cat?" Lucas asks while grabbing Dustins shoulders. "Dart ate a cat?"

"No, what? No" Dustin says, obviously lying.

"What are you talking about? He ate Mews" steve says, absolutely dumbfounded.

"Mews? Whos Mews?" Max asks.

"Its dustins cat" Steve says.

"Steve!" Dustin yells.

"I knew it! You kept him!" Lucas says while turning dustin towards him.

"No! No. No I, No I...." Dustin says in a high voice. "He missed me. He wanted me to come home." He confesses.

"Bullshit!" Lucas argues.

"I didn't know he was a Demogorgon, okay?" Dustin yells.

"Oh, so now you admit it?" Lucas argues.

"Guys who cares? We have to go" max says.

"I care! You put the party in jeopardy! You broke the rule of law!" Lucas yells.

"So did you! And you!" Dustin yells back pointing to me and lucas. 

"What?" Me and lucas ask.

"You told a stranger the truth!" Dustin yells while shining the flashlight at Max.

She scoffs. "A stranger?"

"You wanted to tell her too!" Lucas yells.

"Yeah, but I didnt, Lucas okay?" Dustin yells as a loud noise comes out of the woods.

Lucas and dustin continue arguing but me and steve look at each other and walk towards the sound.

"Guys?" Steve asks. No answer.

"Guys!" Me and steve yell, getting their attention. Another noise is heard.

We run into the woods as I grab my knife. We look over the junkyard

"I dont see him" dustin says.

Lucas grabs his binoculars. "The lab. They were going back home" he says.

We start to walk to the lab. "Hey lucas" i whisper.

"What?" He asks.

I kiss him on the lips.

"Thats all" i say and walk back to the others.

Once we get to the lab we hear Jonathon yelling "whos there?" Multiple times.

"Its us, dumbass! Stop yelling!" I yell at him.

Once they see steve they say "steve?"

"Nancy?" Steve asks.

"Jonathon" dustin says.

"What are you doing here?" Nancy asks.

"What are you doing here?" Steve asks back.

"We're looking for Mike and Will" Nancy answers.

"They're not in there, are they?" Dustin asks, signalling to the lab.

"We're not sure" Nancy says.

"Why?" Jonathan asks as theirs another screeching sound.

I grab Lucas's hand and intertwine our fingers.

We run through the door, and to the gate, my hand never leaving Lucas's.

Two cars come screeching around the  corner. "Guys?" Max asks.

We all run to the side as the car honks multiple times. We find out that the second car is Hoppers police car.

"Lets go" he says while singnalling for us to get in.

As soon as we get in Lucas wraps his arms around me. "Get some sleep" he tells me.

"Wait, wait, wait. Before she goes to sleep can she tell me what the hell happened to her arm?" Hopper asks.

"I got bit by one of the little bitches" i say as my eyes start to close.

When I wake up I'm on one of the Byers's couches. I get up and look at my arm. Someone put a real bandage on it.

I walk into the kicthen, where everyone is sitting in silence. "Leah, You're awake!" Lucas exclaims and hugs me.

Holy shit my arm hurts.

A/n - im loving Lucas and Leah rn

700 words