|57| Through the Lights

"They were stupid enough to go through Watergate"

"We overestimated them"

●●●●●●●●

"Why is Vecna making gates at Lover's Lake?" Dustin questions. "What do Eleven and Vecna have in common?" He continues to pace around and ask questions when the light behind them starts to flicker brighter.

Erica and Leah start staring at it, drowning Dustin out.

"Are you two listening to me?" Dustin questions.

"You said you followed Vecna through lights, right?" Erica asks, walking towards the flashing light.

"Yeah, why?" Dustin asks.

"Because I think he's here" Erica states, causing Dustin to jump out of his seat, Lucas soon following.

The light begins flickering in a rhythm.  "Will used Morse Code when he was possessed by the Mind Flayer" Leah mumbles.

"S..... O..... S" She spells out.

"Shit! It's them! It's them" Leah says.

"What?" Dustin asks.

"Their saying 'SOS'" Leah states.

"They were stupid enough enough to go through watergate" Dustin whispers angrily.

"We overestimated them" Erica says.

Lucas and Dustin run into the living room while Lucas unplugs Holly's toy machine and Dustin takes it.

"Sorry!"

"Sorry, sorry, sorry!"

"Sorry Hols!"

The four run into the girl's bedroom and start placing beads on every inch of it.

"Okay, that's it. Go, go, go, go" Dustin urges Lucas, causing the boy to grab the plug, flop on the floor, and plug in the toy.

"Okay, you guys seeing this?" Dustin yells.

It grows brighter as Dustin and Leah laugh, pulling eachother into a quick hug.

"We're not moving it but we're gonna unplug it. Stand by" Dustin orders as Lucas pulls the plug. "Okay, try now"

The lights start to slowly spell 'hi'

"Hi"

"Heyy"

"That worked!"

The lights start to spell again. "S.... T.....U...C....K" They all read out.

"Uh, you can't get back through watergate?" Dustin questions.

"G....U...A...R...D...E...D"

"We think we have a theory that can help with that" Dustin says."We think Watergate isn't the only gate. That there's a gate at every murder site"

A question mark appears through the lights.

Dustin goes downstairs to get Max. They run back inside.

"Come on! We gotta go!" Leah whispers.

They start to climb out the window one by one. 

"Where are we going?" Max asks.

"Eddie's trailer" Dustin says as the group of 5 gets on their bikes, and starts heading for the trailer park.

A/n

I promise next chapter will be longer!!! Sorry for not updating yesterday, my internet was out until earlier this morning

422 words