|20| young love and monsters

"I said medium well!"

Leahs pov

My walkie goes off, with lucas saying "dustin! This is lucas do you copy?"

"Well, well, well look who it is" dustin says sarcastically.

"Sorry man. My sister turned it off" lucas says.

"And here i was thinking you were ignoring me" i joke.

"Well when you were having sister problems Dart grew again, he escaped and im pretty sure hes like a baby demogorgon" dustin says, a little too calmly.

"Wait, what?" Lucas says.

"Ill explain later. Meet me and steve at the old junkyard. You too leah" dustin says.

"Steve?" Me and lucas question.

"Lucas bring your binoculars and wrist rocket, leah bring you knife. Over and out" dustin says.

I jump out of bed and grab my knife. As i walk down the stairs my mom asks me where im going. "Uh to Mikes, for d and d" i lie.

I pull up to the junkyard. "Wheres lucas?" Dustin asks.

"No clue. He mightve lost his wrist rocket" i reply. "Whats the plan?"

"We're gonna attract dart with the meat. We catch him, lifes rainbows. Got it?" He asks.

"Got it" i say.

We start to walk down a set of railroad tracks, throwing out meat every couple of steps.

"So let me get this straight. You kept something that you knew was probably dangerous in order to impress a girl who... who you just met?" Steve asks.

"Alright, thats grossly oversimplifying things" dustin says.

"Lucas got Leah without doing any of that!" Steve declares.

"Well, why do you like lucas?" Dustin asks.

"I liked him because he was kind, nice. He made me feel like i belong here. Made me not an outcast. And during the whole Will thing, he never once was mean to me. He did get on my nerves but that didnt compare to what i felt for him" i explain.

"See? Just be yourself dustin. Besides, why would a girl like some nasty slug anyway?" Steve asks.

"Its an interdimensional slug and its awesome" dustin says, laughing and throwing another peace on the ground.

"Well, even if she thought it was cool, which she didnt, i, i just,..." steve trails off.

"Youre trying to hard" i chime in.

"Well not everyone can have Lucas's charm, or your great hair" dustin says signalling to steve.

"Its not about the hair man. The key with girls is just acting like you dont care" steve tells him.

"Even if you do?" Dustin questions.

"Yeah, exactly. It drives them nuts" steve assures.

"Then what?"

"Then you just wait until, uh,... until you feel it"

"Feel what?"

"Its like before its gonna storm you know?" Steve asks. "You cant see it but you can feel it, like this uh... electricity. You know?"

"Oh, like in the electromagnetic field when the clouds in the atmosphere-" dustin starts.

"No, no, no, no, no. Like a, sexual electricity" Steve interupts.