|5| operation mirkwood

"Its not Will. It cant be"
"Its Will. It's really Will"

Leah's pov

We are in Mike's basement just before school. Mike gives her his walkie talkie and says "you can go sit on the couch". "We tell our parents we have av club after school. That'll give us at least a few more hours for operation Mirkwood" mike says.

"You seriously think that the weirdo knows where Will is?" Lucas asks. "Just trust me on this, okay?" Mike asks. "Did you get the supplies?" Mike asks us. "Binoculars from Nam, army knife, also from Nam. Hammer, camoflauge bandana, and the wrist rocket" lucas says. He is so proud of that thing it's funny.

"You're gonna take out the demogorgon with a slingshot?" Dustin asks sarcastically. "First of all, it's a wrist rocket. And second of all, the demogorgons not real. It's made up" lucas says. "But if there is something out there, I'm gonna shoot it in the eye, and blind it" Lucas says.

"Dustin what did you get?" Mike asks. Dustin grabs his backpack and dumps it on the table, making food fall out. "Well, alrighty. So we've got, Nutty bars,bazooka, pez, smarties,pringles, nilla wafers, apple, banana and trail mix" Dustin says with a smile.

Lucas and mike look at him annoyed. I grab a nilla wafer and say "I like your think dustin" with a laugh. "Seriously?" Lucas asks. "At least Leah understands me" dustin says. "Yeah we need energy lucas! We cant fight a demogorgon or whatever shit is out there on school lunch!" I say.

"And why do we even need weapons anyway? We have her!" Dustin says. "She shut one door!" Lucas yells. "With her mind!" Me and Dustin yell back. "Are you kidding me? That's insane!" Dustin yells. "Look at all the other cool stuff she could probably do!" Dustin says.

He grabs a star wars thing and says to el "hey, hey. Concentrate". He drops it and she looks at him confused. "Try it again" I say. "Use your powers" dustin says. She looks at him as he drops it. "Guys it's time for school" karen yells down the stairs. "Dont make any noise and dont leave" mike tells el as we walk up the stairs.

Time skip to lunch

We walk outside to look for rocks that would be good for the sling. "Do you think eleven was born with her powers like the x-men?" Dustin asks. "Maybe she got them like green lantern" I say. "Shes not a superhero shes a weirdo" lucas says. "Stop calling her that! Shes obviously had a messed up past. And better not to make her angry if she might know where Will is!" I tell lucas. "Plus the x-men are weirdos!" Mike says. "If you love her so much why dont you marry her?" Lucas asks mockingly.

"What are you talking about?" Mike asks. "You look at her all like, hi el! El! El! El! I love you so much!" Lucas says while hugging mike. "would you marry me?" Lucas asks while getting on one knee. "Shut up, lucas" mike says. "Yeah shut up" the dumbass brunette says. "Probably looking for their missing friend" dumbass number 2 says. I can't remember their names so I refer to them as dumbass 1 and dumbass 2.

"That's not funny. Its serious. Hes in danger" dustin says. "I hate to break it to you toothless, but hes not in danger. Hes dead. That's what my dad says. He said he was probably killed by some other queer" dumbass 1 says. "Come on just ignore them" mike says to us.

We start walking by and dumbass 1 trips mike and he hits his chin on the ground. "Watch where you're goin frog face. "You alright?" I ask him as we help him up. "Yeah" he says. "Hey this rock good?" Dustin says while picking up the one that hit Mike's chin. We all laugh and lucas says "Yeah this is the monster killer!"  with a big smile.

After school we biked to the power lines. "El!" Mike yelled. She turned around. "Hop on. We only have a few hours" mike says while signaling to the back of his bike. I hear a hissing sound from below me. "Shit!" I say as I move my tire. "I must've hit a rock" I say. "Ride with me" lucas says. I climb on the back and wrap my arms around his torso.

We start to go up a hill so we get up and walk. "Do you think what dumbass 1 said is true?" I ask Lucas. "What do you mean?" He questions. "About him being dead" I say. "No. I think one of these times hes gonna show up. He has too" lucas says. "How are you so sure?"I ask him.

"I'm not. Just trying to look on the better side of things" he says. I smile at him and he smiles back. "You should give el a chance" I say. "Why? Shes weird and creepy" lucas says. "She seems really sweet. And from the looks of it her and Mike are gonna be all over each other" I say with a laugh. "They already are" lucas laughs.

We've been biking until night. She el was leading the way and she brought us to his house. "Here" she said. "Yeah, this is where Will lives" mike says confused. "Hiding" el says. "No, no, this is where he lives" mike says again. "Hes missing from here? Understand?" Mike asks. "What are we doing here?" Lucas asks. "She said shes hiding here" mike replies.

"Um... No!" Lucas yells. "Why did you bring us here?" Mike asks. She stutters. "Mike, dont waste your time with her" lucas says. "What do you want us to do then?" Mike asks. "Call the cops like we shouldve done yesterday" Lucas says angrily. "We cannot call the cops! Hopper will be pissed and we'll all get in trouble" I say. "What other choice do we have?" Lucas yells. "Guys? Guys!" Dustin yells.

We hear sirens approaching. And then two police cars and an ambulance. "Will" mike whispers. We start running to where their going. after we get the bike I hop on with Lucas again. They go to the lake and we follow them. We pull up behind a fire truck. We see them pull a body out of the water.

It was Will. "Its not Will. It can't be" mike says. "Its Will. It's really Will" lucas says, his voice cracking. Mike goes to the back of the truck "Mike-" eleven starts before mike slaps away her hand. "Mike? Mike what? You were supposed to help us find him ALIVE. You said he was alive! Why did you lie to us?" Mike asks angrily.

"Mike come on, don't do this man" lucas says as a tear drop rolls down his face. "Mike where are you going? Mike?" Dustin says with a shaky voice. "Mike come back! Please" I say, my voice trembling. I hop back on the bike with lucas.

After biking a while he stops and puts his head in his hands. I tighten my grip on him. "Its okay Lucas. We'll be okay" I say. "Its not. Hes dead" he says through breaths. I feel myself starting to cry. Lucas starts biking and drops me off. I hug him and go inside. "Leah what's wrong?" My mom asks me. I just break down crying and my mom hugs me. "They found will" I say into her shoulder.

A/n- this chapter was v sad

1265 words