|36| The Holloway Home

"You think their guzzling this shit?"

"Yeah, either that or they went on a hell of a cleaning spree"

●●●●●

Nancy was explaining to the teens what happened at the hospital.

"It was the same thing. The exact same thing that happened to Will last year. And look at this" she says while placing a paper on the table. "Look at the body temperatures"

"He likes it cold" Will states.

"Okay, so this crazy old lady was eating fertilizer-" Mike begins.

"Mrs. Driscoll" Nancy interrupts.

"Right, yeah, Mrs. Driscoll" he corrects himself. "What time was this attack?"

"Last night" Nancy says.

"Right, but what time last night?" He asks again.

"Around 9:00" The brunette answers.

"You waited all night to call?" Jonathan asks his girlfriend.

"I was waiting for the doctors to run some tests" Nancy answers.

"You weren't there?" Will asks his brother in disbelief.

"Well, I'm here now, aren't I?" Excuses Jonathan.

"Hallelujah!" Nancy says sarcastically.

"Ooh" Lucas breathes.

"Um, so wha- what time was your sauna test?" Nancy asks.

"Around nine" Answers everyone.

"Well that proves it. That proves my theory" Nancy says confidently.

"Shes flayed. Just like Billy" Mike states.

"Flayed?" Jonathan asks.

"The Mind Flayer. He flays people" Mike answers the Byers boy. "Takes over their mind. Once they do that they basically become him"

"If there are two flayed-" Lucas trails off.

"We have to assume that their are more" Will finishes.

"Heather" Eleven says. "Billy was doing something to her. She was scared. She was screaming. Bad screams"

"Whats a good scream?" Lucas asks, making Leah laugh.

"Max and Leah said-"

"Dosen't matter" Max interrupts.

"I'm sorry. I'm lost. Whos Hearher?" Nancy asks.

"Shes a lifeguard at the pool" Max answers.

"Heather Holloway?" Nancy asks, getting nod from El, Max, and Leah.

"Tom" Jonathan and Nancy say, looking at eachother.

Once arriving at the Holloway home, they let themselves in. The house was a mess. There were clear signs of struggle like, rugs rolled together, lamps on the floor, funiture was disarranged. It looked much different from the warm vibrant home Leah went to a couple days ago.

"This place is freezing" Max points out as they walk into the living room.

"Do you guys smell that?" Nancy asks sniffing, everyone else soon doing the same.

They walk into the kitchen where cleaning products are spread all over the oven, and countertops.

"Oh, god" Nancy whines, covering her mouth. "More chemicals"

"You think their guzzling this shit?" Jonathan asks as he picks up an empty can.

"Yeah, either that or they just went on a hell of a cleaning spree" Nancy answers.

"But last year, Will didn't eat chemicals" Max points out. "Did you?"

"No" he denies. "This is something new"

"Mr.Clarke, fifth grade. Posit" Mike says. "What happens when you mix chemicals together?"

"You create a new substance" Will and Lucas answer.

"What if their making something?" The boy in blue asks.

"In themselves?" Max questions. "I mean come on, if you drink this crap it'll kill you"

"Yeah, if you're human" Lucas points out.

"The Mind Flayer isn't human. So maybe when he goes into humans they become immune to this shit" Leah suggests as they walk into the messy living room.

"Blood" Nancy points out while crouching over the red spot on the carpet. "Yesterday. Tom had a bandage on his forehead" She recalls while pulling a wine glass with a blood stain. "He was attacked"

Nancy, Jonathan and the teens follow her while shes following the blood stains. She opens a door, finding another door.

As Nancy cautiously opens it, Lucas takes Leah's hand in his and gives it a small squeeze.

The garage had a rope in the middle of it, which Jonathan was observing. "They must have tied them. They must've taken them somewhere"

"Mrs. Driscoll" Nancy states. "She kept saying 'I have to go back' the flaying must have a place where it happens. There must be a place where all this started right?"

"Do we have any idea where that might be?" Leah questions.

"Somewhere he didn't want me to see" Eleven answers.

"If we find this place, we can stop him" Nancy says. "Or at least stop it from spreading or doing whatever the hell hes doing with those chemicals"

"How do we find it?" Eleven asks.

"Mrs. Driscoll" Will answers. "If she wants to go back so badly, why don't we let her?"

A/n

Sorry for not posting, I was at a friends house! Anyways I'm super excited to write the hospital chapter!!!

761 words