|51| Help Seekers

"And I'm Ruth"

"And I'm Rose"

* SPOILERS FOR SEASON 4 VOL 2 IN A/N

●●●●●●●

Lucas and Leah had found the others inside of Hawkins High, now they were sitting in the Wheeler's basement, discussing what was happening with Max.

Steve hands Lucas a paper of a news article from the 1950's about a family that was murdered his family.

"Okay, be honest" Steve starts. "Do you guys understand any of this?"

"No" Lucas answers.

"Pretty straightforward' Dustin says.

"Oh, straightforward?" Steve asks. "Really?"

"What's confusing you?" Dustin asks.

"What does this have to do with Vecna?" Leah asks.

"So far, everyone of Vecna's victims has died. Except for Victor Creel. He's the only known survivor. If anyone knows how to beat this curse, it's him" Dustin explains.

"That's assuming he was cursed" Steve adds. "Which we don't even know"

"How can Vecna have existed in the 50's?" Lucas asks. "It doesn't make sense"

"Far as we know, Eleven didn't create the Upside Down" Dustin says. "She opened a gate to it. The Upside down has probably been around for thousands of years. Millions. I wouldn't be surprised if it pre-dated dinosaurs!"

"Dinosaurs?" Steve asks.

"But if a gate didn't exist in the 50's, how did Vecna get through?" Lucas asks.

"And why now?" Leah asks.

"He didn't just start killing teens out of nowhere" Steve says. "Straightforward my ass, Henderson. Have a little humility"

Lucas, Dustin, and Leah follow their gaze to Max, who is sitting at a desk writing something.

"Any idea what she's writing?" Dustin asks, getting no's from the couple beside him.

The door opens and Robin and Nancy come running down. "Okay, so" Nancy starts. "We have a plan"

The group gathered around the center table as Nancy and Robin explained how they were gonna get into Pennhurst. Robin laid down two sets of files. One for the each of them.

"Thanks to Nancy's newspaper obsession, we are now rock-star pshyclogy students at the University of Notre Dame" Robin states proudly.

"And I'm Ruth" Nancy says happily.

"And I'm Rose" Robin says.

"Nice GPA" Dustib compliments, looking at "Ruth's" document.

"So we called Pennhurst asylum, told them we want to speak to Creel, for for a thesis we're co-writing on paranoid schizophrenics" Nancy explains.

"To which they said no" Robin adds.

"But, we landed a three o'clock with the director" Nancy informs.

"Now all we have to do is charm him into letting us talk to Victor" Robin states optimistically.

"Then maybe Max can get rid of this curse" Nancy adds.

"About that" Steve interjects, "We've been doing our Victor Creel homework, and, uh... we got some questions"

"Lots of questions" Lucas adds.

"So do we. Hopefully, Victor has the answers" Nancy says.

"Wait a second. Uh, where's mine?" Steve asks, signaling to files.

Nancy gives him a sheepish look, with a small grin, before they run upstairs.

"He really doesn't want us anymore" Leah laughs.

"Apparently not, Lola" Dustin says, using Steve's nickname.

"Hey, Henderson. Only Steve has that against me" Lola warns, playfully holding her hands up in fists.

A/n + SPOILERS FOR SEASON 4 VOL 2!!!! THIS IS YOUR CHANCE, TAKE IT!!

OK FIRST OF ALL, I AM HEARTBROKEN. EDDIE!!! POSSIBLY MAX?? IT WAS SO MUCH AND WHY DID THEY HAVE TO KILL EDDIE 😭😭😭

Long story short I am a mess.

570 words