|62| Anguish

"NO MAX WAKE UP! PLEASE!"

●●●●●|

The stolen RV skidded to a stop, allowing 5 kids to walk out. Leah, Lucas, Erica, and Max, holding their blue lights.

They split off, all trying to find Vecna through the lights. Erica and Leah were on either side of the first floor, Lucas on the second, and Max in the attic.

Leah felt a sudden tap on her shoulder, she turned to see Erica standing behind her and holding a paper that read 'found him'. They were using notes as communication so that Vecna wouldn't hear them.

Leah nodded, and they headed up to the second floor to inform Lucas. Then up to the attic with Max, then back downstairs to where Vecna was

Erica takes her pen and paper again and writes 'phase one?' 

Lucas and Leah give her a nod, and Erica starts to head outside. Leah taps her shoulder last minute and wrote 'I'm coming with you.'

'Why?' The girl wrote.

'I don't want you to be alone. I'll be out in a minute'

Leah walks over to Lucas, giving a him a small kiss and grabbing his hands. Leah let's go, and writes  'I love you'. And Lucas does the same as Leah and Erica walk outside. They walk to the old playground and climb to the very top.

Steve's voice subtly says to start phase two, which scared the two girls because of the sudden voice in the air. Leah grabs the flashlight and begins flickering it at a  small window on the side of the house, getting a signal from the two again.

"They've copied" Erica says into the air.

A car pulls up, basketball boys getting out. Andy and another boy begin to run towards Leah and Erica as they begin running away.

Andy pins Leah to the ground as she struggles beneath him, she kicks him the crotch, making him fall over. She stands up as the other basketball boy tackles Erica. "Go, Leah! Go check on them!" She yells as Leah begins running.

She bursts through the door and runs up the stairs to the attic, when she opens the door she sees Max sitting on the ground under Vecnas spell and Jason lying down, knocked out.

Her eyes lay upon Lucas who is coughing up blood and his whole face beat up.

"Lucas!" She exclaims, running over to him.

She wraps her arms around him, as Max began to float.

"Where's the music?" Leah asks, getting no response from Lucas as he looks at his feet. "Where's the damn music, Lucas?" She screams.

"Jason stepped on it" He admits, just above a whisper.

A crack is heard as Max's arm snaps. "MAX!" Leah cries. Her bones begin snapping, her other arm, her legs, and her eyes begin bleeding out.

Leah feels tears making their way to her eyes. Max can't die. Please. Max can't die.

Her body falls, limp to the floor as Leah catches her. Lucas sits in front of them, crying as well.

Erica runs up the stairs. "We need a doctor! Erica help!" Lucas cries.

"Leah, Lucas.." Max says weakly.

"We're right here. We're right here" Leah cries.

"I- I can't feel or see anything" Max cries. "I'm scared I'm so scared"

"I know. I know. We're gonna get you help" Lucas assures her.

"I don't wanna die. I'm not ready"

Her breathing starts to shorten as the other two teenagers begin begging her to stay awake.

She stops breathing. She stops moving. "NO!" Leah screams. "NO!"

"NO MAX WAKE UP! PLEASE!" She let's out a yell of  pure anguish and defeat. Max was gone. Tears were falling from Leah and Max's eyes. Leah couldn't believe it. She was holding her dead best friend in her arms.

A/n

Am I crying? Yes. I'm fucking sobbing.

636 words