|45| Temporary Goodbyes

It was 3 months after what happened at StarCourt. 3 months since Billy died. 3 months since Hopper died. Now Max, Lucas, Dustin, and Leah were sitting in the Byers home, packing singing 'Never Ending Story' To a Dustin who was telling them to shut up and flipping them off.

"Its unfold behind the clouds right?" Max asks.

"Yes it is. But you're butchering it" Dustin says.

"So then join in, Dusty-bun" Lucas says, blowing a kiss.

"Yeah, come on, Dusty-bun, why don't you join us?" Max asks.

"It would be an honor to perform with you Dusty-bun" Leah jokes.

"You guys are so funny you should be on Carson" Dustin says, monotonley.

"Can't we just hear your rendition?" Max asks.

"No" Dustin rejects.

"Please just one verse?" Max begs.

"No! Its reserved for Suzie's ears and Suzies ears alone" Dustin defends.

"Um, and Me and Lucas, Max, Will, Robin, Steve, Mike, Jonath-" Leah starts listing before Dustin interrupts her. "That was a special occasion"

The trio gives eachother a glance, and starts singing again.

They went outside to say their goodbyes to the Byers.

Leah hugged Will first. "Bye Will. I love you" She said.

"I love you, too. Thank you" Will says.

"For what?" She asks.

"Not telling Mike" He whispers.

She smiles at him, and moves on to Jonathan. "Bye kid" He tells her.

"Bye Jonathan"

She goes to Joyce. "Goodbye,Leah. Keep Lucas out of trouble" She laughs while kissing her forehead.

"I will Mrs. Byers" Leah laughs.

Then she moves on to the hardest of all. El.

"Bye El" Leah says, bear hugging her friend.

"Goodbye Leah. I'll write letters" She says.

"I will, too" Leah says. "I promise" she says, holding out her pinkie. Eleven wraps her pinkie around hers and they shake on it.

They watch as they drive away. The last 2 years of Leah's life had basically revolved around that family. And now they were moving out.

Lucas, Dustin, and Leah went to Erica's room.

Dustin handed her the box filled with D&D things with a smile. "Thanks nerds" she says greatfully.

A/n

And thats a wrap for season 3! Starting season 4 tomorrow;)))