|33| He's Back

"Whenever who was close?"

"The Mind Flayer"

The trio woke up the next morning to Lucas on the walkie talkie. 'Do you copy? This is a code red"

"Shut. Up" Max says, before slamming the antenna down, and laying back down.

A couple seconds later, the phone rings. "Oh, you've got to be kidding me" Max says while walking over to the phone.

"Its Lucas. Let me handle him" Leah says.

"We are sleeping. Go away!" She says into the phone.

"This is Mike. Do not hang up" he says from the other side. Something happened, something bad. Our very lives can be at stake"

"What?" Leah asked.

"Just... come over to my house" He says, and hangs up the phone.

"We've gotta go" Leah says, turning around. But as soon as she does, both Eleven and Max's face drop.

"Holy shit Leah! What happened?" Max asks, examining my neck.

"Your horse-shit crazy brother" she replied. "I was getting water and he yelled at me about Lucas, and I called him a racist dickwad"

"Whats a 'dickwad'?" Eleven asks from behind Max.

"Billy." Leah and Max both answer at the same time.

When the girls got there, the boys all looked at Leah's neck in shock, Lucas ran over to her.

"What the hell happened?" He asked worriedly, taking her face gently in his hands.

"Nothing too major" Leah lied, she made a mental note to tell him later.

"Anyways" she starts, changing the subject, "What is the 'code red'?"

I swear to god if this is some dumb shit, I'm hitting someone. Leah thought as everyone went quiet as Will starting explaining his new experiences with the mind flayer.

"I didn't think it was anything at first" Will starts, "I mean, I just think I didn't want to believe it. The first time I felt it was at Day of the Dead"

"Power went out that night, too" Mike adds.

"And then I felt it again at the field near the Nelson farm the next day" Will continues, "Then again yesterday outside Castle Byers"

"What does it feel like?" Max questions.

"Its almost like...." Will pauses before finishing, "You know when you drop on a rollercoaster?"

Everyone says forms of yes, but Eleven says "no"

"Its like, everything inside your body is just sinking all at once, but... this is worse. Your body... it goes cold, an-and you can't breathe" Will explains. "I've felt it before, whenever he was close"

"Whenever who was close?" Max asks.

"The Mind Flayer" Will answers, his voice trembling a bit.

"I closed the gate" El states.

"I know but, what if he never left?" Will thinks out loud, before turning his attention to Eleven, "What if we locked him out here with us?"

Will starts to draw out the Mind Flayer and explaining it to the five teens surrounding him, "This is him. All of him. But that day on the field, a part of him attached itself to me" He says while wiping his drawing with his hand, symbolizing it being with him.

"My mom got it out of me, and Eleven closed the gate. But the part that was still in me, what if it's still in our world? In Hawkins?" Will asks while flipping over the paper (supposed to represent their world) and slams his hand on it.

"I don't understand. The Demodogs died when El closed the gate. If the brain dies, the body dies" Max says, confused.

"We can't take any chances" Mike says wearily. "We need to assume the worst. The Mind Flayer's back"

"Yeah. And if he is, he'd want to attach himself to something again. A new me" Will states as El, Max and Leah exchange a worried glance.

"A new host" Lucas says while nodding.

"How can you tell if someone is a host?" Eleven asks.

And so, the boys go onto explaining how to tell, and Leah, Max, and Eleven tell them of their suspicions with Billy, telling the whole night in detail (not forgetting the part where Billy assaulted Leah in his kitchen), and they made a plan.

A/n

I hate this chapter smm, dialogue chapters are the worst istg