|6| contact

"Eleanor!" "Elizabeth!"

Leahs  pov

The first thing I wake up to in the morning is the sound of mike saying Lucas's name. "Lucas come on I know you you're there" he says to him. "This is urgent. I'm serious" Mike continues. "Go away mike. I'm not in the mood. Over and out" lucas says. "Mike what do you want? Over" I ask.

"This is about Will. Over" mike says. "What about Will? You mean about his funeral? Over" lucas asks. "No, not his funeral" mike says. "Well than what?" I ask. "You two need to get over stat. Bring dustin" mike says. "On my way. Over and out" I say before getting out of bed.

I change my clothes, brush my hair and teeth and walk down the stairs. I start to put my shoes on before my mom asks me "where are you going?". "Over to Mike's" I say while putting on my jacket.  "I dont want you going out Leah" she says. "Will wasnt murdered. He fell from the cliff" I say. "How do you know?" She asks. "I saw them pull him out of the water" I say while leaving.

After I walk down the stairs we sit by el's little fort. "We keep losing signal, but you heard it right?" Mike asks. "Yeah, I heard a baby" lucas says. I have no idea what their talking about. "What?" Mike asks. "Mike, you obviously tapped into a baby monitor. It's probably the Blackburns next door" lucas says. "Uh did that sound like a baby to you?" Mike asks angrily.

Me and dustin look at each other with confused looks. "Lucas you don't understand! He spoke last night. He was singing that weird song he loves. Even El heard him!" Mike says looking at el. "Oh well, if the weirdo heard him then I guess-" lucas began before dustin asked mike "are you on the right channel?".

"I dont think it's about that. I think somehow shes channeling him" mike says. "Like professor x" dustin says. Mike nods. "Are you actually believing this crap?" Lucas asks. "I don't know. I mean, do you remember when Will fell off his bike and broke his finger? He sounded a lot like that" dustin says.

"And if he was on the right channel,... El can do stuff with her mind. We know that. Who's to say she cant channel him?" I ask. "Did you guys not see what I saw? They pulled Wills body out of the water. Hes dead!" Lucas yells. Everyone's eyes dart to the floor. "Well, maybe it's his ghost, maybe hes haunting us" dustin says.

"Its not his ghost" mike says. "And how do you know that?" Lucas asks angrily. "I just do!" Mike yells. "Then what was in the water?" Lucas asks. "I dont know! But it wasnt Will" mike says. "Hes out there somewhere. We just have to find him" mike says hopefully. "We need to get El to a stronger radio" mike says.

"What about the thing in Mr clarkes room?" I ask. "The Heathkit ham shack" dustin says. "Yeah!" Mike says. "The heathkits at school. Theres no way we're gonna get the weirdo in there without anyone noticing" lucas says.

Mike goes into Nancy's room and grabs her makeup. Me, lucas and dustin all look for clothes that are in boxes in the basement. Dustin pulls out a blonde wig. Lucas pulls out a pink dress. I pull out a pair of white sneakers. We go upstairs and hand her the clothes. "She looks-" dustin begins before mike interrupts her. "Pretty" he says.

El smiles at him. "Good. You look pretty good" mike says, trying to play it off. Us three laugh at his attempt. El goes and looks at herself in the mirror. "Pretty" she says. "Ok we have to go to the school" Lucas says while putting on his jacket.

We got on our bikes and got to the school. As soon as we walk in hear an announcement on the loud speaker there will now be an assembly for Will Byers in the gymnasium now. We tried opening the door but it was locked. "Its locked" mike says with a groan. "Are you serious?" Lucas asks annoyedly as he goes to shake the handle.

"Hey do you think you can open it with your powers?" Dustin asks el. "Uuh" she says before mr clarke walks around the corner. "guys?" He asks. "The assemblys about to start" he says. "We know, we're just, you know.." mike says sadly. "Upset" lucas declares.

"Y-yeah definitely upset" dustin stammers out. "We need some alone time" mike says. "To cry" dustin says sadly. "I get it. I do. I know how hard this is, but lets be there for Will, huh?" He asks. "And then, the heathkit is all yours for the rest of the day" he says while throwing his keys to mike.

He looks at all and asks "i dont believe we've met, whats your name?" "Ele-" she starts before me and mike cut her off "eleanor" mike says. "Elizabeth" i say. I look at mike "eleanor i mean, geez today is messing with my head i guess" i say with a nervous laugh.

"Shes my uh,.. cousin!" Mike says. "Shes here for Wills funeral" i say. "Ah, well welcome to Hawkins Middle, Eleanor" mr clarke says before walking away. We walk into the gymnasium and sit down. The principle begins saying "at times like these, it is important that we come together as a community. We come together to heal. We come together to grieve. Will was an exceptional student and a wonderful friend to all of us. Its impossible to express the hole he will leave in our community" the principal says.

I hear snickering coming from the side and see dumbass 1 and dumbass 2. "Look at them. How can they be laughing at a funeral? Little bitches" i whisper. "Mouth breather" eleven whispers. "Exactly" i whisper back.

The bell rings and mike starts yelling after troy. "You... you think this is funny?" Mike asks angrily. "Whatd you say wheeler?" Troy asks dumbly. "We heard and saw you dumbasses making fun of it" i say. "Didnt you listen to the counselor wheeler? Grief shows itself in funny ways" dumbass 2 says. "Besides, whats their to be sad about anyways? Wills in fairyland now right? Flying around with all the other little fairies. All happy and gay!" Troy says.

I watch as mike runs to him and knocks him on the ground. "Oh god" i whisper to lucas. "Youre dead Wheeler! Dead!" He says while running towards mike. Suddenly he stops in place. I see eleven staring at him. Shes using her powers on him! Then his pants start to get wet. "Holy shit Troy pissed himself!" I laugh. Everyone starts laughing and i see mike smile at El.

We bolt out of the gym and go into the AV room. El sits in the chair. "Now what?" Dustin asks. "We find him" lucas replies. Mike starts tuning the system, to get static noise. She closes her eyes and the lights flicker off. The static stops and theres a clanging noise. Hello? Mom! I hear him yell. "Will can you hear us?" its like home! Its like home but darker! Its so dark and empty and cold! Mom? Mom! He says. Dustin starts welling up in tears.

The heathkit suddenly shortcircuits and sets on fire. Dustin grabs the fire extinguisher as the fire alarm goes off. "El, are you okay? Can you move?" Mike asks worriedly. "Help her up" mike says to lucas as he gently grabs her arm and we walk out.

a/n- told yall id be back this weekend :))

1292 words