|3| girl in the woods

"If you cant be out here for 30 minutes he can't be out here for the whole night!"

Leah's pov

As soon as I get to school I see Lucas, dustin and mike, who look worried. "Hey guys. Where's will?" I ask. "We don't know" lucas replies. We walk into science and we see wills empty seat.

When class ended mr Clarke kept us in for a second. "Sorry guys, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but.... it came" he says with a smile. I see their faces light up. We walk into the backroom and see a machine on a desk. "Yes!" Mike says. "What is it?" I ask Lucas.

"The healthkit ham shack" he replies. "Ain't she a beaut?" Mr Clarke says. "I bet you can talk to New York on this thing" dustin says. "Think bigger" mr clarke says. "California?" Lucas questions. "Bigger" mr clarke says. "Australia?" Mike asks. Mr clarke nods his head.

"When will sees this, hes gonna blow his shit!" Lucas says. I elbow him. Mr clarke says "lucas!" While crossing his arms. "Sorry" he says. "Ello, this is mike wheeler, president of Hawkins middle av club!" Mike says into the microphone with an Australian accent. Dustin takes the headphones "hello this is dustin and this is the secretary and treasurer of the Hawkins middle av club!" He says In an Australian accent.

As lucas goes to grab the headset the principal and a police officer walk into the room. "Sorry to interrupt but may I borrow, micheal, Lucas, Leah, and dustin?" The principal asks. We walk to the principal's office and when we sit down we all start talking at the same time. The police officer looks very pissed off at us.

"Okay, okay, okay. One at a time alright? You" the officer says while pointing to mike. "You said he takes what?" The officer asks. "Mirkwood" mike replies. "Have you ever heard of mirkwood?" He asks his assistant. "No I have not. It sounds made up to me" he replies.

"No, it's from lord of the rings" Lucas says. "Mirkwood, it's a real road it's just the name we made up. It's where cornwallis and kerley meet" Mike says. "We can help look" I say. "Yeah" lucas agrees. "No" the officer says.

We all start to talk over each other. "No, after school, you are to go straight home. Immediately. That means no biking around looking for your friend, no investigating, no nonsense. This isnt some lord of the rings book" the officer says. "The hobbit" dustin argues. The officer looks at dustin. "Shut up!" Lucas says while slapping Dustin's leg. They start hitting eachother. "Stop it!" Mike says.

"Do i make myself clear?" The officer says. I finally get a look at his name tag. Hopper. He stands up. "Do I make myself clear?" He says again. We all nod. The day goes by and we make a plan to meet up after school even after what hopper said.

As I'm walking home I see a figure in the woods. It looks like shes wearing a dress and she looks beat up. "Hey! Are you okay?" I yell after her. She looks at me and begins to run farther into the woods. I begin to run after her but I can't find her anywhere.

I walk in the house and into my room. I hear my walkie going off. "Hey can anyone hear this? Its mike" he says. "I'm here" I say. "Leah have you heard from lucas or dustin?" He asks. "No. But I saw something there was a gir-" I begin before lucas cuts me off. "Hey its lucas" he says.

"I know" mike says. "You guys need to start saying over when you're done talking. Over" mike says. "I'm done. Over" lucas says. "I'm worried about will. Over" mike says. "Me too" I say in agreement.

"I saw a girl in the woods today. She looked pretty beat up. Maybe she came from where Will is. Over" I say. "Where was she? Over" lucas asks. "Just by the Olson's place. She ran into the woods but I lost her. Over" I reply. "Should we try to find her? Over" Mike asks.

"Will couldve cast protection spell last night. But he didnt, he casted fireball. Over" mike says. "What's your point? Over" lucas asks. "My point is, he could've played it safe, but he didnt. He put himself in danger to help the party. Over" Mike asks. "Meet at my place in ten. Over and out" Lucas says.

I walk downstairs and grab my shoes and sweater. "Where are you going?" Mom asks me. "We're hanging at Lucas's place for a while" I say as I grab a flashlight from a cabinet. I also grab a pocket knife and put it in my jacket. I head out the door and climb on my bike.

"Hey lucas" I say as I pull up to his driveway. "Hey leah" he replies. "So what are we even doing?" I ask. "We're looking for Will I think" lucas says. "Maybe we'll find that girl that was in the woods too" I say as mike pulls up with Dustin.

We all start biking to where Will's bike was found. "This is it" lucas says. It starts to rain a little bit. "Hey guys, I think maybe we should go back" dustin says. "No. We're not going back. Just stay close. Come on" mike says. "Just stay on channel 6. Dont do anything stupid" mike says.

We start walking for a while. It starts raining really hard but we keep going. "Will!" We all yell. "Will come out!" "I've got your xmen 134!" Dustin yells. Me and Lucas look at him. "We had a bet" he says. I nod and continue yelling. "Guys I really think we should turn back" dustin says.

"Seriously dustin? You wanna be a baby than go home already!" Lucas yells. "I'm just being realistic lucas!" Dustin yells back. "We're trying to find will! If you cant be out here for 30 minutes he can't be out here for the whole night! Either shut up and keep walking or go home!" I yell at Dustin.

"Do you ever think will went missing because he ran into something bad? And we are going to the exact same spot where he was taken?" Dustin asks. "Shut up!" Mike says. Theres a rustling noise. We turn around and I see the girl from before.

She has a shaved head and an oversized shirt on, from the distance it looked like a dress. "Its her! It's the girl I saw earlier!" I tell lucas. He just nods his head. I hope she knows something.

A/n- this chapter was so fun to right

1131 words