|54| Creel's home

"I thought you guys were like, the cool kids now"

"We're not cool?"

●●●●●●

Max and Nancy had woken up everyone at 7 am in the morning with Nancy saying, "Get up! Get up! We found something!"

"What is it?" Dustin asks.

"Max saw a house during her time with Vecna. She was drawing it out and we put it together" Nancy answers, laying the papers on the table, the papers were taped together and folded. Must've been pieces like a puzzle.

"Is that the Creel house?" Robin asks, wiping the sleep from her eyes, getting a nod from Nancy.

"What did Vecna want with The Creels?" Steve asks.

"We don't know" Nancy answers. "That's why we're going there"

The group stands in the doorway of the home that once belonged to the Creel's. It was identical to the drawing.

"Yeah, that's not creepy" Steve says sarcastically.

"Don't be a baby hairy. It's not like Vecna's in there" Leah says. "Right?"

Steve and Nancy grab hammers and begin prying nails from a board that was placed in front of the door.

"What exactly are we looking for in this shithole?" Steve asks through a sigh as he takes more nails out.

"We're not sure" Nancy answers, slightly turning towards him. "We just know this house is important to Vecna"

"Because Max saw it in Vecna's mind soup world?" Steve questions.

"Maybe it'll hold a clue to where Vecna is" Dustin suggests, "Why he killed the Creel's. And how to stop him before comes back for Max"

"We don't think he's in here, do we?" Lucas asks, making Leah slightly sigh because of what she told Steve. 

"I don't think so. Vecna was only in Max's mind, never in our world. We've never seen him, or has anyone else, and I think if he was in here there wouldn't be a nailed shut door" Leah explains to the group.

Steve and Nancy release the door from the frame, letting it drop harshly onto the deck, making leaves fly around.

Steve tries opening the door but it doesn't open. "It's locked. Should I knock, see if anybody's home?" He asks sarcastically.

"Don't be an ass, Hairy" Leah says, taking a bobby pin from the pocket of her jeans. "I got a key" she holds it up proudly. She walks to the door, inserting the pin inside, and twisting it around until the lock clicked.

Leah opened the door and looked at the group triumphantly. "We got in" She states proudly.

"And I thought I was gonna have to use a rock" Robin jokes, ruffling the girl's hair.

As they walk in, Lucas tries flickering a lamp on. "Looks like someone forgot to pay their electric bill"

Dustin gives him a glance and flashes on his flashlight, as Leah reaches into her blue backpack to get her's and Lucas's lights.

"Where'd everyone get those?" Steve asks, watching as Leah handed Lucas his.

"Do you need to be told everything?" Dustin asks, throwing his bag at Steve.  "You're not a child. Back pocket"

Lucas and Leah walk over to an old desk that had drawings on it. "These look like what Will was drawing" Leah says.

"Just like it. Do you think the Mind Flayer came for them, too?" Lucas questions.

"Well, if Vecna did, I don't see why this asshole wouldn't" Leah answers.

"Hey guys?" Max calls out to everyone.  "You all, see that too, right?" She asks, flashing her light at an old grandfather clock.

"Yeah"

"Yeah"

"Yep"

"Is this what you saw?" Nancy asks the girl. "In your visions?"

Max nods her head as Robin asks, "I mean it's just a clock. Right?" She walks up to it, and wipes the dust off the face of it. "Like a normal old clock"

"Why is this wizard obsessed with clocks?" Steve questions. "Maybe he's like a clockmaker or something?"

"I think you cracked the case, Steve" Dustin says sarcastically, shaking his head.

"All I know is...the answers are here" Nancy states. "Somewhere"

"Okay, everyone stay in groups. Robin, upstairs" Nancy orders.

Lucas takes Leah's hand in his and Max walks with them saying, "Come on, let's go"

The trio walks into an old room with a couple old couches and gameboards, must've been an old game room. Max's favorite song is blaring through her headphones as they shine light on everything around them.

Max's tape suddenly stops and she hits rewind.

"I wish we had a longer loop" Leah says.

"Forty-six minutes isn't bad" Max says. "I think there are bigger concerns. Like... what if by listening to this over and over I get sick of it, and suddenly it's not my favorite song anymore? Will it still work? Or will Kate Bush like, lose her magic power or something.

"Kate Bush?" Lucas questions. "Never"

"You're a Kate Bush fan?" Max asks.

"Uh, yeah. We all are now" Lucas smiles.

"She's the one who saved your floating ass" Leah says through a big smile.

"I bet if we hit Vecna with the right combo, we might just open a door to his secret lair" Lucas jokes, walking over to the piano.

He hits a couple notes. "Voila" He laughs as Leah puts her head on her shoulder.

"You're such a dork" She laughs.

"I thought you guys were like, the cool kids now" Max says.

"We're not cool?" Leah asks, putting up a hand in fake offense, making Max laugh.

"All done" Max says, putting her headphones back on. "Work your magic, Kate"

The lamp beside them starts flickering, making Max walk over to it. "I promise I'm gonna stop asking this but...  you see that, right?"

"Yeah" Lucas and Leah answer wearily.

Max reaches her hand out to touch it when it abruptly turns off. Not long after, another lamp starts flashing in the hallway, making them follow. 

As the three walk into a hallway, the lights continue changing from one to another, creating a path.

The switching finally stopped as one light above a door stayed, and the trio stopped in their tracks and gave each other a glance.

"Vecna's here" Lucas says as the whole of the group is examining the light above the old kitchen table. "In this house. Just on the other side.

The light flickered out which Robin said, "I think he just left the room"

"Did he hear us?" Max questions.

"Can he see us?" Steve asks.

"Headphones" Leah says, turning towards Max, causing the girl to put them over her ears.

"Wait, everyone turn your flashlights off and spread out" Nancy instructs and the house goes dark from everyone flicking off their lights.

Soon Steve finds him and they follow it up stairs, to an attic.

As they gather around Steve, their lights start flickering. They begin to make a circle beneath an old light bulb that is flashing rapidly, all of their lights flashing as they look upon it.

A/n

OH MY GOD LOVES IM SO SORRY FOR NOT POSTING!! my phone was taken away for a few days but I'm back now!  Prepare for usual updates!!

1186 words