|60| A New Ride

"We have a present!"

"You're kidding me, right?"

●●●●●●●

"Check this out" Eddie says, putting a newspaper on the small kitchen table, pointing to an army surplus store. "It's huge. I mean they have everything for uh, killing things basically.

"You think fake Rambo has enough guns there?" Robin questions. "Is that a grenade? I mean, how is any of this legal?"

"Well, lucky for us it is, so... this place is just far enough outside of Hawkins. As long as we steer clear of the main roads we oughta be able to avoid cops and uh, angry hicks"

"If we're trying to avoid angry hicks, maybe we shouldn't go somewhere called the War Zone" Erica suggests.

"Normally I'd agree" Nancy argues. "But we need the weapons. So I think it's worth the risk"

"Me too" Lucas says.

"We need these, or Hawkins is gonna be destroyed and Max will die" Leah says.

"But is it worth the time?" Dustin questions. "It'll take all day to bike there and back"

"Who said anything about bikes?" Eddie asks.

"You got some car some car we don't know about?" Steve questions skeptically.

"It's not exactly a car, Steve" Eddie replies. "And it's not exactly mine, but uh, it'll do"

"Hey, Red" Eddie calls, turning to Max. "You got a ski mask or a bandana or something?"

"Leah come help me find it" Max says, dragging Leah with her.

They walk across the small road, into the house, and finally into Max's bedroom.

"Find something Eddie can cover his face with" Max orders.

Leah begins looking in the girl's closet, shuffling through clothes and old junk. She finally picks up an old Micheal Myers mask, the one Max wore for Halloween the first year she moved to Hawkins.

"Will this work?" Leah asks.

Max stifles a laugh. "Perfect" She smiles.

"We have a present!" Leah says cheerfully as they walk through the trailer doors, handing Eddie the mask.

"You're kidding me, right?" Eddie asks, scanning over the two girls.

"Nope. Put it on" Leah orders as the boy hesitantly puts it over his face.

The group walks outside of the trailer, sneaking their way into an RV. They all jump through the window as Eddie begins hot-wiring the RV.

They begin to drive down an old, secluded highway.

Leah was sitting by Lucas, her hand intertwined with his, her head layed on his shoulder as she began to doze off.

"Leah, are you falling asleep?" Lucas questions the blonde girl.

"Maybe" Leah replies.

"I'll wake you up when we get to the store" Lucas assures her, letting go of her hand and pulling her closer to him.

As her consciousness starts to fade, she hears Lucas and Max having a quiet conversation about Vecna's killing patterns.

A/n

This chaper is shit lmao

Happy 60 chapters!!! And thank you guys for 6k reads!!!!!!!

480 words