𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎: 𝐒𝐮𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭

Slamming the man's body onto the ground, you gasped for air as you heard the doors behind you open before you saw your assistant dash into the training room in a panic to greet you with the information you told her to gather.

"MASTER! I GOT IT!" she shrieked, waving up a file in her hand before tripping over completely nothing as she fell landing onto her face.

The papers within the file scattered around the floor as you let out a sigh before making your way over to help her up.

"I told you not to get too excited, this it what happens," you mumbled, dusting off her clothes, not caring about the papers on the ground.

The woman blushed at your kindness before she immediately snapped out of it and gathered up all the papers lying on the floor and handed them to you in a messy pile while her glasses stuck out weirdly on her face as she gave you a sweet grin. You chuckled as you took the papers before fixing her glasses for her. As you turned away to examine the papers, she was playfully dancing behind you, feeling happy that she was this close to your presence.

"What's this?" you questioned, looking down at the files in your hand.

Snapping out of it, your assistant ran up to you and began to explain what was on the paper, putting it more simply for you.

"Well... to be more precise, I gathered information from all the victims and the links to where they got the fruits and vegetables from and it all turns out they all came from one place," she interpretted.

"...Sana's farm..." you mumbled, staring at the photo of the farm on the paper.

"Yes," your assistant jumped.

→⩙←

You could hear the growls of the zombies as they chased after you on your moving motorcycle. The loud noise of the vehicle attracted their attention, but you weren't bothered at all. Sanzu and Ran followed behind you on theirs as the three of you arrived at the little farm village.

The two men hopped off their vehicles and immediately started shooting at the creatures behind them, killing them instantly before the three of you moved on. As you made your way to Sana's house, you were suddenly greeted by the happy children who had been running around chasing butterflies.

Your heart melted into your stomach as you crouched down to greet them. They reminded you of the siblings back home. They were innocent, having know idea what's actually happening in the world. You smiled as you watched one of the little girls approach you and placed a flower on your ear with a cute smile on her face as she backed away.

"Thank you..." you whispered, smiling over at her, "Now run along."

The kids giggled as they ran off playfully.

"Does he seriously not care that these kids are playing this far away from the village? It's dangerous, they could get killed by those things," Sanzu groaned, watching the children disappear in the distance.

"Awww, since when did our Zuzu care about children?~" Ran teased.

"I know right? It's almost surprising," you scoffed, rolling your eyes as you walked off with Ran following behind you.

"Bitch, who the fuck are you calling Zuzu?" Sanzu barked from behind you.

→⩙←

As the door slid open, you welcomed yourself into Sana's house. The three of you searched the whole building only to be shocked when you found Sana's dead corpse lying in his room.

"What the fuck...?" Sanzu flinched.

"Did he kill himself?" Ran questioned, staring at the corpse.

You crouched down and examined the body, the scene almost made you want to puke but you remained calm and continued further, scanning the body for signs of anything. As you torn off Sana's clothes, your eyes widened in horror as you felt sick to your stomach. You almost puked when you found his stomach torn completely open. As if he was being eaten by some kind of animal.

"Zombie...?" Ran mumbled.

"No..." you murmured examining the wound, "this wasn't done by a zombie. This wound was cut open, look."

The two joined you and examined the corpse as you pointed at the cuts on the body.

"This was done with a sharp weapon... someone was trying to make it look like he was being eaten but they didn't plan out the murder properly," you concluded.

"How can you be sure though?" Ran asked.

"Well, obviously this isn't suicide. The cut is too deep and it slides from one end to the other, this was done by someone else," you explained as you looked up at them.

"Well, who would want to kill Sana? He's just an innocent old man who serves us..." Ran said.

"And also tried to poison us," Sanzu said, rolling his eyes.

"No... no, that might not be it," you jumped.

"Then what? The fruits literally comes from his farm so who else could it be?" Sanzu groaned.

"He was murdered, and the reason might be that he knew something he shouldn't which put the murderer in a difficult position so he had no other choice but to—" you said, standing back up straight as you continued staring down at the body.

"—keep him silenced..." Ran said, finishing your statement.

"Yes..." you mumbled, looking over at him.

"Ugh, this some bullshit, bro," Sanzu sighed, turning to the door.

As he tried to exit the room, he noticed that the door was locked. He twisted and turned the handle but the door wouldn't open. Before he could turn and tell the others he suddenly noticed something spilled on the floor.

"Ew... the fuck?" he growled, looking at the liquid dripping from his shoe, "What the fuck is this? Ok... who peed on the floor? I'm not playing, this is some disgusting shit. I don't wanna be here any longer."

"What? What is it?" Ran asked, approaching him from behind as he inspected the liquid, "this is..."

He wiped up some of the liquid and sniffed it.

"Gasoline...?" he mumbled.

Your eyes widened when you scanned the room to see gasoline on the floor, circling the space. You yelled at the two to step away from the liquid. At first they seemed confused, but you pulled them away just before something that'd been set on fire was thrown through the window, smashing it completely as it landed on the floor filled with the liquid, lighting it up on fire.

"IT WAS A TRAP!"