𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟖: 𝐁𝐚𝐛𝐲𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 (𝐃𝐚𝐲 #𝟑)

Now sitting in your room where both you and Kakucho reside for your time in Chuo, you were silent as you observed Takemichi from a far. He was standing outside on the balcony, seeming awfully quiet as he drowned himself in smoke and cigarettes. 

"He didn't seem to recognise her... were we just mistaking her for Hina?" you mumbled towards Kakucho as your gaze remained on the man's back.

"No... it has to be her. She even has the mole on her face... what's troubling is how Takemitchy didn't react when he saw her," Kakucho sighed. "But we shouldn't let personal matters affect what we actually came here to do. Let's get some rest, it's been a long day."

You nodded silently and watched Kakucho make himself comfortable in bed as you got and approached Takemichiwho was still out smoking on the balcony.

"Hey..." you greeted in a murmuring voice.

He remained silent as he pressed the cigarette in his against the balcony railing, putting it out before flicking it away carelessly as he continued to stare off into the night sky.

"Something bothering you...?" you questioned, leaning back against the railing as you gazed up at the stars with him.

He leaned forward on the railing, still silent as his admired the sky before letting out a sigh.

"It can't be her... right?" he murmured silently, looking down at his fidgetting fingers.

You paused in silence for a bit before tilting your head to the side as you turned to him.

"I... saw her die with my own eyes. So how could she be..."

You could see how much he was struggling in disbelief, how he was confused and didn't know whether to feel happy about the situation, or sad about the fact that the woman he loves didn't seem to recognise him either.

"It's a new world, dipshit. There's a lot of hell going on, but seeing her here... I'm actually glad. I'll take it as a sign that those beasts can still be turned back into humans," you smiled as you gazed back up at the sky.

Takemichi turned to you as he watched you for a moment with so many questions running through his mind.

"How would you have reacted...?" he questioned.

"What?" you raised a brow as you turned to him.

"If it were... your elder brothers or something. How would you have reacted if you had seen them?" he asked.

You were a bit taken back by the question, but let out a small chuckle as you rotated your whole body around and leaned over the balcony railing and stared off to Chuo's main hideout in the distance.

"Even if they didn't recognise me?"

"Yeah..."

"I would probably slam their heads with a wooden log until they could remember me," you chuckled. "But if being honest, you probably settle down with them and talk for a bit... talk about  few memories I used to have with them, even when they might think of it as total bullshit."

Takemichi looked away silently, "Do you think they would remember though?"

"Hope exists for a reason," you smiled as you gently patted him on the shoulder.

Those words were left playing in a loop in Takemichi's head as you pulled away and headed back inside to rest. With a determined look, he looked back at Chuo's main hideout in the distance an something stupid clicked in his head.

[MEANWHILE...]

"You little bitch, how could you let this happen?!" Sanzu yelled, telling Shira off as he pointed at Souta's broken leg.

"HOW IS THIS MY FAULT?! YOU'RE THE BABYSITTER!" Shira argued back.

Sanzu rolls his eyes and continued coming up with more excuses to put the blame on Shira, "You're 15, you could've looked after him properly when you were with him!"

"YOU'RE A FULL GROWN ASS MAN AND YOU'RE BASICALLY THE WHOLE REASON WHY HE RAN OFF IN THE FIRST PLACE!" Shira stomped angrily.

"BECAUSE HE WAS BEING A SENSITIVE BRAT!" said Sanzu.

"SAYS YOU, YOU UGLY RAGDOLL!" Souta exclaimed.

"CAN YOU ALL SHUT UP?!" Koko raged. "Jesus, I'm tryna think focus..."

"You're both the worst babysitters to ever exist! Souta was your responsibility, you dog!" Shira glared as she pointed at Koko who was building a tower of cards in the corner. "And how are you so calm in this whole situation?!"

"He's your brother. What do you expect me to do, cry?" Koko scoffed with a hitn of sarcasm in his voice as he continues building up his tower.

Shira's eyes twitched as she angrily walked over and kicked the table he was using, knocking the every card used to shape his tower. Koko's eyes widened in shock as he got onto his feet, tears streaming down his face as he mourns the loss of his hardwork.

"Guess you really did end up crying!" Sanzu laughed.

"Y-you're... you're really mean, you know that?!" Koko jumped as he glared at Shira.

Shira simply rolled her eyes and turned to go back and tend to her brother's needs when the door flew open and Rai walked in holding up three cotton candies in his hand with the Haitani brothers following behind him.

"Hey guys!" he smiled, waving hello to everyone.

Souta could feel his eyes tearing up at the sight of Rai enjoying himself with a happy look on his face while he was in a different state.

"Rai..." he cried.

Rai's eyes widened at the sight of his broken leg and immediately ran over, "Souta! What happened?!"

Souta bursts out crying while Shira gently pats his back with a frown.

"I WANT N/N!" he yelled, tears streaming down his face like waterfalls as he continued calling for his big sister.

"There, there, Souta. N/n will be here soon, we just have to wait a bit longer," Shira comforted.

"Here, you can have one of my cotton candies!" Rai smiled, handing him one.

Souta calmed down a bit as he grabbed the candy and stared at its bright color for a bit before eating it.

"Well, seems to me like we've just won the reward of the best babysitters of the year," Ran smirked playfully as he tried fistbumping Rindou but the man was distracted by something else.

"No fair, you just took the most well mannered kid!" Koko jumped up angrily.

"Actually..." Rindou spoke up as he slowly pulled up his sleeves revealing a few small burn marks and many cuts on his arm.

Sanzu and Koko immediately shut up as they remained in their seats in silence as they narrowed their eyes over at Rai, smiling innocently as he continued feeding Souta with more cotton candy to cheer him up.